Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro to the group

Riding
    HP4 Carbon 2014

Intro to the group

Hello All, Jodi here. This is my first post in the group, just registered. I have a 2014 HP4 in completely standard form and donít about 3500 miles. I bought the back last September and have only managed to put 1700 miles on it through the winter. Previously had a 1299 Panigale and after a test ride of a new S1000rr I couldnít believe the ride. I was riding that bike better after the two hour test ride than i rode my own 1299. I went for the HP4 as I like something that stands out and you donít see many on the road. Anyway, good to see a busy forum and I look forward to reading the posts and getting involved. I already have some questions lined up!

Riding
    HP4 carbon 2013

Re: Intro to the group

Welcome aboard Jodi..I've a 4 Carbon..smart looking machines and there are less and less about as the years go on...so keep a hold of it, it will always have a good residual come chop in time.

Where you from and fire away with the questions.

Stuart

Riding
    HP4 Carbon Pink

Hi Jodi, welcome to the site from another HP owner.

Are you you a guy or girl, I know two Jodie's and they are one of each, just so I can address you properly.

As Stuart says you have made a great choice of bike, hope you enjoy the forum and your bike.

See you later pal
    or
    Hugs and xxx

Delete as necessary, lol.

JimmyMac

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyMac For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Welcome to the forum Jodi from a ďregular RRĒ owner lol!

As the chuckle brothers say youíve made a great choice of bike and Iím sure youíll have many more happy and exciting miles ahead of you

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and where are you based?

Enjoy the forum, thereís a fantastic community on here and loads of information

Oli

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oli For This Useful Post:

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Welcome to the forum.

Riding
    HP4 Carbon 2014

Thanks for the welcome everyone. For the record Iím male and itís a common question so iíll leave the hugs and kisses thanks JimmyMac! Iím from Tunbridge Wells in Kent and ride mostly with a friend of mine who has an s1000rr. I donít get out as much as Iíd like to but we often go for blasts around Kent either the two of us or with a varied group of other riders/bikes. Itís good to know there are other HP4 owners on here and Iím confident I made the right choice, itís an amazing bike to ride. Is it best to ask questions through the other categories or as part of this thread? Iíve been through some of the other threads and had a couple of questions answered already.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jodiwillis For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Intro to the group

Quote Originally Posted by jodiwillis View Post
    ... Is it best to ask questions through the other categories or as part of this thread? Iíve been through some of the other threads and had a couple of questions answered already.
    Whichever you prefer Jodi, this is your welcome thread
    In future though when questions and/or topics arise it would definitely be better to post in the respective sub-forums.

If you have any questions fire away and weíll do our best to help
    Last edited by Oli; 15th April 2018 at 06:59 PM.

Riding
    HP4 Carbon Pink

Quote Originally Posted by jodiwillis View Post
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. For the record I’m male and it’s a common question so i’ll leave the hugs and kisses thanks JimmyMac!
    No, you don't get off that easy, when and I know it will happen you are getting a BIG cuddle from me, lol.

Welcome mate and yes you made the right choice.

JimmyMac

Riding
    HP4 Carbon 2014

Stunning bike JimmyMac. One of my questions relates to the exhaust and whether a decat exercise is something that is relatively simple. I have read it’s a removal and an ecu remap to smooth out the mid range. My friend has a fairly heavily modified s1000rr, decat’ed with an Austin Racing full titanium system. He has a power commander fitted and assures me it’s necessary. I’m not hugely interested in modifying the bike generally, just a bit more carbon on my shopping list but the decat is something I’d like to do. The other question related to a seat I have bought and whether the lock assembly can be bought. There are many discussions on this forum about it but I’m struggling to find the definitive answer. I’m also looking for a simple way of powering an iphone from the socket under the seat cowl and am bamboozled by the many cables and connectors available. If someone has done this before I’d appreciate a steer. Apologies if this is a lot of subjects that may have been answered already. Feel free to tell me to post them separately! Thanks.

Riding
    HP4 Carbon 2014

One more question, do you have a meet up at the IOM TT?