My RS4 Avant

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Was browsing through my google photos...I loved this car..I virtually lived in it for 3 years bought it 2011 from Audi Southampton, knocked up 60,000 miles in it..cost a bomb in petrol (18-20 mpg average) and dropped into single figures when you roasted it (often)... tyres, front discs and a couple of services.. Trader I sold it too sold it to Sandy Lyle the golfer..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h7S9QJuDZiw0THYU2

Stu

I was considering one of these a few years back, ended up in a high powered Evo which has been a superb car to drive and own. It?s never let me down until yesterday, starter gave up the ghost. I put it down to jealousy of the bike being here now :witless:

A few issues during ownership but nothing that?s rendered me in a position where I couldn?t drive it.

Last edited:
Post up a pic of your Evo Wull, what spec is it? I've owned a V and an VIII in the past as second cars, just superb, but running costs were eye watering even with limited use, made superbike ownership look positively thrifty!

Lovely car Stuart, I?ve always been a massive fan of performance estates!

Evo?s are awesome cars too Wull, I?ve never been in one but always loved reading about the Imprezza vs Evo reviews back in the day

Really like these Stu but missed the boat on them.
Was looking to buy one a few years back but became all sensible and bought an A5 Diesel instead, worst car I ever owned!
I always admire them whenever i see them, in fact there was 2 last week at a car club meet I happened to stumble across last Sunday.

Last edited:
Post up a pic of your Evo Wull, what spec is it? I've owned a V and an VIII in the past as second cars, just superb, but running costs were eye watering even with limited use, made superbike ownership look positively thrifty!

Norris spec running 556bhp, it’s a weapon. Motec ecu, Ohlins suspension, advan rs racing lightweight wheels, mps4’s, Alcon 365mm brakes,

Its been really good with the only issues being the usual ayc pump issues. Other than that just regular service and then now the starter leaving me stuck for the first time.

Wow, talk about the right spec and builder, I'm very impressed mate. Have you entered it into any of the MLR sprint series events at all?

Wow, talk about the right spec and builder, I'm very impressed mate. Have you entered it into any of the MLR sprint series events at all?

Nah bugger that, I?m trying to keep it minted, we love going away for days out etc, the missus loves it and it?s perfect for the family, not the best mpg but it?s a weekend toy.

i have a big spec Impreza track car that I use but that?s for sale now along with the trailer, that was the trade off for getting the bike and I?m not overly fussed as that?s cost me a fortune and will continue to do so, just a shame as I?ve got the package where I want it now with regards to suspension.

Last edited:
Thats a well spec'd motor. Those Alcon's must have your face hitting the steering wheel if you are a bit aggressive on the pedal!

- Alex

Haha. My shogun was parked crazy a few years ago and I ended up on a mental parking facebook page...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

View attachment 3469
-
On the subject of stealthy, this little b'stard is gonna lose me my license if I'm not careful. I've racked up 6 points in the last year in it (haven't had a speeding ticket on my bike for over 20 years now).
Skoda Superb 208ps 4x4. Family car my arse...
Welcome to my world... I'm down to 6 now thank god !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back