S1000RR Wheel Compatibility

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: S1000rr Stock Wheels

The wheels are the same it is the sprocket carrier that is different and dictates the spacers required on the left side

Wheels are the same you just need the matched spacer with whichever of the 2 types of sprocket carrier you have early or late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheels are the same you just need the matched spacer with whichever of the 2 types of sprocket carrier you have early or late

This needs to be confirmed....
When I had my gen 3, I used my '10 wheels and sprocket carrier for wets but needed later spacers as '10 spacers left the spindle loose on torquing up

This needs to be confirmed....
When I had my gen 3, I used my '10 wheels and sprocket carrier for wets but needed later spacers as '10 spacers left the spindle loose on torquing up

Your findings would be useful on this thread when I did some measuring and research for this member https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?12089-Rear-wheel-change/page2

What we discovered was the only difference was in the sprocket carrier bearing location, it was 5mm further out and the inner spacer was 5mm wider and the outer left spacer was 5 mm smaller on the gen 2 onwards model compared with the gen 1, on the wheels and sprockets we had for these years to measure. All other measurements were the same

The difference is the rear brake carrier. Sprocket carriers are the same on all models as are the wheels.

The difference is the rear brake carrier. Sprocket carriers are the same on all models as are the wheels.

Interesting according to the BMW parts slide the only difference is the two lefthand spacers, however we found the sprocket carriers we measured to be 5 mm difference and the same with the lefthand spacers. We didn't have the early and late caliper brackets to compare but the part numbers are the same having said that the sprocket carrier part numbers were also the same if they were different then the righthand wheel spacer would have to be different to keep the wheel central surely.

The sprocket carriers are different as i found out. I have 2 carriers from s1000rr and they differ where the bearing sits. One requires the smaller inner spacer and bigger captive outer spacer. The other one requires bigger inner spacer and small captive . There is the difference of 5mm which suggests the bearing in the carrier is 5mm closer to the swingarm on the gen 3 than on the gen1.

Just to rekindle this topic.

I have a gen 3 running OZ piega. I also have a gen 1 with stock cast rims, both used in track.

Before I experiment, will the OZ go in the gen 1?

TIA

witht the correct spacers yes,theres a slight difference on the either the carrier or spacers on the gen1 to the gen2+3,but as the oz have a totally different carrier,wont make any difference as long correct spacers

Back