Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 2011 S1000RR

Re: My 2011 S1000RR

Headed up to Knockill there on Sunday to watch some of the KMSC bike racing, what a day. Far too hot for me, stayed for about 5yrs before heading home, MODE select button decided to stop working on the last stint between Callander & Killin but for some reason it started working again the following morning. Not sure whatís going on there.

2011 S1000rr sport

Was out a blast blast on Sunday there and the switch played up again. It was roasting again so definitely something to do with the heat, it started working again after 5 mins of riding, obviously cooled down.

The bike is awesome though, loads of fun. Hopefully I can get out for a proper long run, maybe even a weekend away.

2011 S1000rr sport

I absolutely love this bike, leagues ahead of my previous bikes in terms of performance and looks, not just power but brakes as well. I havenít been out much of late due to work but I try as much as I can.

Bike at work getting washed, chain degreased and lubricated for the next outing.

On a private road, 150mph with just over 3k revs left to go

i think Iíve done maybe 700 miles since purchasing the bike, that should go up a fair bit over the next few months with some longer rides, weekends away thrown in.

i was testin out a camera mount which is no use so Iíve ordered one which fits in the centre of the top yoke nut, should do the trick and allow me to get fully tucked in.
    2011 S1000rr sport

bike looks nice in black.

yeh they can go, i had mine at 186 up the mountain a few weeks ago, and there was plenty left and plenty road left, be interested to see how far they would go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaloch View Post
    bike looks nice in black.

yeh they can go, i had mine at 186 up the mountain a few weeks ago, and there was plenty left and plenty road left, be interested to see how far they would go.
    there’s a stretch not too far from me where I could get 186 on my last Gsxr thou with the top speed recall, I was concentrating too much at the time to look lol! Once I get more used to the bike I’m sure I’ll manage that on the same stretch.
    2011 S1000rr sport

There appears to be a Japanese intruder, ďZee GermanĒ wonít be happy.

I want to get back on track but donít fancy using my road bike just in case it goes tits up, seen this at a good price so had to go for it. Itís a 2008 4c8 R1 that was previously used in the R1 cup. Itís for a decent spec and is good to go, just a few things I need to get before getting on track, trailer, tow bar for the Wagon and a few other bits and bobs.

2011 S1000rr sport

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wull For This Useful Post:

Well thats the plate finally transferred over from the car to the bike, the realisation that my car is finally going is properly sinking in now but itís the right decision, Iíll be sad to see it go but also happy at the same time, if thatís possible.

A friend of mine when I first put the car up for sale made a comment about how silly it was getting this plate but imho it was the perfect plate, at the time it referred to both the car and myself so no matter what vehicle it went on it would always be personal.

Only thing thatís bugging me is the yellow fixing screws, Iíll purchase some black ones to finish off better

Last edited by Wull; 15th July 2018 at 07:43 AM.
    2011 S1000rr sport

Riding
    GSXR1000R

Good plate that, what was your mate on about?

Quote Originally Posted by MacRR View Post
    Good plate that, what was your mate on about?

The Evo part, I kind of sighed when he said what he did, not sure if he was being a bit thick or not but I did point out the “WUL” prt and my name lol!
    2011 S1000rr sport

Iíve not been out that much over the last few weeks due to work commitments etc, I did however get out on track with the R1 track bike, first outing in 8 years and the first time riding the R1.

I had got the Beemer ready for a ride out a week ago Sunday but it was cancelled, so last night was the first time out in at least 2 weeks.

2011 S1000rr sport

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wull For This Useful Post: