Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My 2011 S1000RR

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Re: My 2011 S1000RR

Some great pictures there for the picture of the month competition !
    Last edited by Flyingscotsman; 9th August 2018 at 09:17 PM.

Riding
    HP4 Carbon Pink

Aye great pics Wull, like the one of Ben Lawers Dam, the last time I was up there there were loads of wee chicks nesting at the bottom in the middle, the Big Mama birds never took their eyes off us, great spot for a run.

JimmyMac
    Last edited by JimmyMac; 9th August 2018 at 09:30 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyMac For This Useful Post:

Riding
    1299s

I had had no intention of ever taking the Road bike on track especially after purchasing the track bike but I was caught with my pants down as they say. I ordered a tow bar 7 weeks ago (back order) which arrived last week, so the Wagon was booked in for it to be fitted on Wednesday there so in haste I booked the track night which was last night. In typical fashion there were issues and the car wasnít ready, so decided the road bike it was.

Weather forecast was horrendous but looked as if it might clear up for the 6-8pm track time, I rode the 60 miles to Knockhill early doors as there was a members track session from 4-6pm and a few mates were doing that so I thought Iíd make the most of it, potentially if it was wet Iíd either not go out or go out but take it extremely easy.

By 6pm the track was bone dry, I headed out and immediately didnít feel comfortable on the bike, I didnít get a chance to get used to it on track as there were 3 red flags in quick succession. Then there was a decent spell with no mishaps and I started getting used to the bike, I was starting to feel more confident and started pushing, the downside now with pushing was the suspension was clearly needing adjusted but I didnít bother, I felt at the pace I was going it would do just fine. The rain came on just after 7pm so I came in, had a chat with a few guys and called it a day, with 60 miles to ride home I felt an hour was good enough.

My thoughts on the S1k on track, obviously with the suspension adjusted and set up it would be a ridiculous weapon, itís so damn fast, I was struggling to use all the revs especially down the back straight towards the hairpin, coming out of Clarkís in 3rd banking over for Hislopís I was short shifting through 4th & 5th......most of the time I wasnít even getting 6th, it felt frantic and a bit boisterous, I think with more track time on the bike it would become more normal if thatís even possible.

Best time was a 58.6, if the rain stayed away Iím sure that may have came down a tad but overall Iím pleased, Iíll maybe do a day or 2 next year and trailer the bike up, no concerns of binning it and not making it home.

2011 S1000rr sport - out
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S - in

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wull For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    1299s

Finally got round to fitting the Alpha Racing QAT, made an arse of fitting the throttle side, ended up breaking the std throttle tube. Anyway, looks much better visually with the Renthal grips, big difference now from closed throttle to fully open. I also fitted heavier bar ends to stop the vibration, they work well.

2011 S1000rr sport - out

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wull For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    1299s

Sunday there was the last outing of the year for Beemer, originally I planned on doing some good runs in October but the rear tyre is needing changed so Iíll just put it off the road just now and swap it out over the winter ready for next season, along with a service. Itís been a great first season of ownership, purchased in April and I think Iíve done roughly 2,300 miles. Iím pleased with that, one track day as well and some good ride outs. Many more planned for next season.

Sunday was the usual meet n eat for the bike social Scotland, usually the last Sunday of the month. Meet up, ride to somewhere for lunch then go for a ride out afterwards, one of the usual guys is a keen photographer and takes some cracking pics......the ride outs afterwards can be awesome.

I had a mate with me who is new to bikes (Gsxr 600) so afterwards we went a run ourselves, I led and we took it easy, nice run up by Knockhill, Yetts of Muckhart then up to Crieff, Lochearnhead then he headed home to Callander and I headed to Killin. About 160 miles all in.

Roll on next year.

2011 S1000rr sport - out

Riding
    1299s

Well itís been good whilst it lasted, not a long marriage but Iíve loved every minute of having the BMW, roughly 2,500 miles since April, cracking bike thatís perfect.....just had a desire for something else. I had went to see a gen 3, a black one and then planned on going to see a motorsport gen 3 after but the 1299s was there in the back of my mind. I couldnít resist.

So the deals been done, Iíll probably be heading through on Saturday to collect the 1299s, Iím away to Oulton Park on Thursday for the track day on the Friday with the cb500 boys so Iíll see how Iím feeling when we get back.

Bike was already clean but decided to go over it once more, ready for going away.

2011 S1000rr sport - out

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

My 2011 S1000RR

Congratulations Wull, I hope you have many happy miles onboard your new steed!
    Last edited by Oli; 13th November 2018 at 07:22 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oli For This Useful Post: