My 2011 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headed up to Knockill there on Sunday to watch some of the KMSC bike racing, what a day. Far too hot for me, stayed for about 5yrs before heading home, MODE select button decided to stop working on the last stint between Callander & Killin but for some reason it started working again the following morning. Not sure what?s going on there.

Was out a blast blast on Sunday there and the switch played up again. It was roasting again so definitely something to do with the heat, it started working again after 5 mins of riding, obviously cooled down.

The bike is awesome though, loads of fun. Hopefully I can get out for a proper long run, maybe even a weekend away.

I absolutely love this bike, leagues ahead of my previous bikes in terms of performance and looks, not just power but brakes as well. I haven?t been out much of late due to work but I try as much as I can.

Bike at work getting washed, chain degreased and lubricated for the next outing.

On a private road, 150mph with just over 3k revs left to go :anonymous:

i think I?ve done maybe 700 miles since purchasing the bike, that should go up a fair bit over the next few months with some longer rides, weekends away thrown in.

i was testin out a camera mount which is no use so I?ve ordered one which fits in the centre of the top yoke nut, should do the trick and allow me to get fully tucked in.

bike looks nice in black.

yeh they can go, i had mine at 186 up the mountain a few weeks ago, and there was plenty left and plenty road left, be interested to see how far they would go.

bike looks nice in black.

yeh they can go, i had mine at 186 up the mountain a few weeks ago, and there was plenty left and plenty road left, be interested to see how far they would go.

there’s a stretch not too far from me where I could get 186 on my last Gsxr thou with the top speed recall, I was concentrating too much at the time to look lol! Once I get more used to the bike I’m sure I’ll manage that on the same stretch.

There appears to be a Japanese intruder, ?Zee German? won?t be happy.

I want to get back on track but don?t fancy using my road bike just in case it goes tits up, seen this at a good price so had to go for it. It?s a 2008 4c8 R1 that was previously used in the R1 cup. It?s for a decent spec and is good to go, just a few things I need to get before getting on track, trailer, tow bar for the Wagon and a few other bits and bobs.

Well thats the plate finally transferred over from the car to the bike, the realisation that my car is finally going is properly sinking in now but it?s the right decision, I?ll be sad to see it go but also happy at the same time, if that?s possible.

A friend of mine when I first put the car up for sale made a comment about how silly it was getting this plate but imho it was the perfect plate, at the time it referred to both the car and myself so no matter what vehicle it went on it would always be personal.

Only thing that?s bugging me is the yellow fixing screws, I?ll purchase some black ones to finish off better

Last edited:
I?ve not been out that much over the last few weeks due to work commitments etc, I did however get out on track with the R1 track bike, first outing in 8 years and the first time riding the R1.

I had got the Beemer ready for a ride out a week ago Sunday but it was cancelled, so last night was the first time out in at least 2 weeks.

770_B6060_38_A7_4_ADC_A040_5_E480_CE6121_A.jpg

3_DAEB6_BA_C949_4_BBC_9777_B9_DD9_DEA7_F24.jpg

B000_D9_DB_5_CF6_4_C44_A5_AA_09_B9_B153_BF03.jpg

6_BD8602_A_25_D5_47_A7_BC1_C_0_E6045820_BA5.jpg

455_AF125_1_FDF_424_A_B5_AC_D2_E717621_D86.jpg

BFED617_C_B45_F_412_A_AD0_E_7_F8_A8_D082_E92.jpg

5_C1_D7350_6_DDE_4493_8390_2_D40422_F0_AD9.jpg

F38_D334_F_C6_FF_4_B6_D_8917_A922_C96_D7005.jpg

Aye great pics Wull, like the one of Ben Lawers Dam, the last time I was up there there were loads of wee chicks nesting at the bottom in the middle, the Big Mama birds never took their eyes off us, great spot for a run.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
I had had no intention of ever taking the Road bike on track especially after purchasing the track bike but I was caught with my pants down as they say. I ordered a tow bar 7 weeks ago (back order) which arrived last week, so the Wagon was booked in for it to be fitted on Wednesday there so in haste I booked the track night which was last night. In typical fashion there were issues and the car wasn?t ready, so decided the road bike it was.

Weather forecast was horrendous but looked as if it might clear up for the 6-8pm track time, I rode the 60 miles to Knockhill early doors as there was a members track session from 4-6pm and a few mates were doing that so I thought I?d make the most of it, potentially if it was wet I?d either not go out or go out but take it extremely easy.

By 6pm the track was bone dry, I headed out and immediately didn?t feel comfortable on the bike, I didn?t get a chance to get used to it on track as there were 3 red flags in quick succession. Then there was a decent spell with no mishaps and I started getting used to the bike, I was starting to feel more confident and started pushing, the downside now with pushing was the suspension was clearly needing adjusted but I didn?t bother, I felt at the pace I was going it would do just fine. The rain came on just after 7pm so I came in, had a chat with a few guys and called it a day, with 60 miles to ride home I felt an hour was good enough.

My thoughts on the S1k on track, obviously with the suspension adjusted and set up it would be a ridiculous weapon, it?s so damn fast, I was struggling to use all the revs especially down the back straight towards the hairpin, coming out of Clark?s in 3rd banking over for Hislop?s I was short shifting through 4th & 5th......most of the time I wasn?t even getting 6th, it felt frantic and a bit boisterous, I think with more track time on the bike it would become more normal if that?s even possible.

Best time was a 58.6, if the rain stayed away I?m sure that may have came down a tad but overall I?m pleased, I?ll maybe do a day or 2 next year and trailer the bike up, no concerns of binning it and not making it home.

240_E0_D47_3_F4_F_4961_BBC5_B9_E88_F39740_D.jpg

0_E2_B82_BC_902_C_4_B02_9_DF7_EC1_F75_E0_E546.jpg

698_F9_A84_BA67_4_F0_B_80_FF_B25_A0_DA46_A38.jpg

4_D8_B8703_8_CDC_4_FC6_A08_B_15_C8_FCC1_E04_D.jpg

Finally got round to fitting the Alpha Racing QAT, made an arse of fitting the throttle side, ended up breaking the std throttle tube. Anyway, looks much better visually with the Renthal grips, big difference now from closed throttle to fully open. I also fitted heavier bar ends to stop the vibration, they work well.

Sunday there was the last outing of the year for Beemer, originally I planned on doing some good runs in October but the rear tyre is needing changed so I?ll just put it off the road just now and swap it out over the winter ready for next season, along with a service. It?s been a great first season of ownership, purchased in April and I think I?ve done roughly 2,300 miles. I?m pleased with that, one track day as well and some good ride outs. Many more planned for next season.

Sunday was the usual meet n eat for the bike social Scotland, usually the last Sunday of the month. Meet up, ride to somewhere for lunch then go for a ride out afterwards, one of the usual guys is a keen photographer and takes some cracking pics......the ride outs afterwards can be awesome.

I had a mate with me who is new to bikes (Gsxr 600) so afterwards we went a run ourselves, I led and we took it easy, nice run up by Knockhill, Yetts of Muckhart then up to Crieff, Lochearnhead then he headed home to Callander and I headed to Killin. About 160 miles all in.

Roll on next year.

Well it?s been good whilst it lasted, not a long marriage but I?ve loved every minute of having the BMW, roughly 2,500 miles since April, cracking bike that?s perfect.....just had a desire for something else. I had went to see a gen 3, a black one and then planned on going to see a motorsport gen 3 after but the 1299s was there in the back of my mind. I couldn?t resist.

So the deals been done, I?ll probably be heading through on Saturday to collect the 1299s, I?m away to Oulton Park on Thursday for the track day on the Friday with the cb500 boys so I?ll see how I?m feeling when we get back.

Bike was already clean but decided to go over it once more, ready for going away.

C2-E4-DD1-B-37-FD-45-CA-B711-389-DDFBB20-D1.jpg

6-DBEF864-5459-48-DF-B0-D8-FBF652843912.jpg

358-DAA64-59-F5-410-E-8-DDD-907-CA4-BAC1-D7.jpg

CF790-D21-83-DC-4618-8-FC9-AE0-EB3-DA4553.jpg

7-E19-E623-BB0-D-4-D02-A922-6-BA8129-C92-E8.jpg

Congratulations Wull, I hope you have many happy miles onboard your new steed!

Last edited:
Back