First time out

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
I managed a quick run tonight after work as the sun was shining.
Couldn?t believe the state of the roads with potholes, some would take you off the bike if you hit them!
Hopefully these will be repaired for the summer but it was nice to blow the cobwebs away and get a blast.

e6822db4687e566d1d5f181658d8167f.jpg

Looking surprisingly good Loupe :wink-new: I'm out this weekend too, sick of snatching the odd spin here and there over recent months in between rain and snow showers, I'm going for it regardless!

Looking surprisingly good Loupe :wink-new: I'm out this weekend too, sick of snatching the odd spin here and there over recent months in between rain and snow showers, I'm going for it regardless!

Thats the right attitude MacRR, enjoy your run.

JimmyMac

Got out today in the sunshine, loads of bikes out (and some standing water!), tyres scrubbed in at last and getting used to the front wheel being in the air a lot :joyous:

Dirtygixxer.jpg

Nice looker there Mac... rear pegs down..were you fully loaded ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cheers Stuart, yep Mrs Mac came out, she's a top pillion so I can still get a shift on when I want too. Getting Ventura pannier set up soon (!) as we're taking a trip over to the IOM on it after the TT, need to test it out as concerned her hair dryer / make up etc etc might upset the turn in... will also need to max out the traction control too to stop the bugger wheelying every time I crack the throttle open :wink-new:

Had a wee run to Oban today 240 miles of fun.
Saw a biker down near Wulls place just at Lix Toll. Bike was trashed and lying about 30 metres from the biker who had lots of Medics around him on the deck.
Hope he is ok.

Tried to get a photo of the ferry but it was a bit too fast for my chubby fingers but I got a forum sticker in it.
7ea711ad54b0137cfcee4f991233e094.jpg

Enjoy the coming week lads and lassies the temp. is climbing.

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a quick 10/15 mile blast yesterday to make sure everything's ok before it's 1st MOT this Saturday . Fired up 1st time after hibernating for 6 and half months. You forget how quick these bikes are , glad to be back out now , fingers crossed for a good and long summer.

Got a quick 10/15 mile blast yesterday to make sure everything's ok before it's 1st MOT this Saturday . Fired up 1st time after hibernating for 6 and half months. You forget how quick these bikes are , glad to be back out now , fingers crossed for a good and long summer.

Was scouring the Good food car park for youse yesterday but you didnae manage that far.

JimmyMac

Was scouring the Good food car park for youse yesterday but you didnae manage that far.

JimmyMac

Was busy with other stuff mate , didn't get out till about 3 . I'd have gave you a shout if I was going out anyway.

Not my first ride, but it was the first Saturday blast. On such a warm day.

By blast I mean, sat in traffic, in 50 zones, sweating my nuts off, only to manage to then find rain...the joys of London.

I did get some decent flowing fast road time on the A272 and A286.

Hope everyone got out there today!

Random shot as I sat eating McFlurry :)
c9817d64f5d899fcbe5d896c5842d751.jpg

- Alex

+1 on that Corky. Been experimenting with 2nd and 3rd on roads I normally do in 3rd and 4th. I'd forgotten what a nutter the bike is...

It is endlessly entertaining riding in a gear or two lower than you otherwise normally would purely to exploit the upper echelons of the rev range [emoji16]

Back