S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRH72

Reaction score
Chopped in my Street Triple and went balls out and put deposit on brand spanking RR yesterday. Plucking up the courage to tell the wife - still she'll find out whatever in two weeks when it appears in the garage I suppose! Will likely ask many repeat questions, first of which will be which tail tidy have you guys found most reasonably priced and important for a non-mechanically mind chap, easiest to fit.

Welcome! What do we call you? :) Dr H?

Congrats on the new purchase. Which colour scheme did you opt for? Which options are fitted?
The Evotech Tail Tidy and Radiator guards would be my pick. Well made (don't corrode like some), easy to fit too.

RR Sport, Motorsport colour scheme. Rear seat cowl. Couldn't justify the Akra cans but think I can probably buy and fit these (or an alternative) cheaper myself. Evotech kit on my Triumph is great quality as you say. Bit wary of the step up to 1000cc so will certainly be going very steady (initially at least!)

Dr H sounds good. I am currently unable to view attachments/photos in forum posts - is there something I need to set up?

Welcome to the forum Dr H and congratulations on your new RR!

+1 on what Alex says re Evotech.

You have nothing to fear re 1000 cc, RR?s are remarkably friendly to ride.
Just got to get the first 600 mile service out of the way so you can enjoy full powerrrr [emoji16]

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
May you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Evotech tail tidy is a top notch piece of engineering...miles better than an R and G... my R and G lasted 2 seasons and snapped. The Evo is far better made and heavier gauge...welcome aboard by the way.

Just use the bike as you would your Triumph, the RR is so easy to ride.... it's scary quick but only in the upper quartile of rev range...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Chopped in my Street Triple and went balls out and put deposit on brand spanking RR yesterday. Plucking up the courage to tell the wife

Did she love the Triple that much, lol.

Welcome to the site Dr H.

The RR will keep you happy on all the lonely nights your going to have when the Mrs. trades you in for a faster more sexy ride just like you did, haha.

Enjoy the forum and the new bike.

JimmyMac

Chopped in my Street Triple and went balls out and put deposit on brand spanking RR yesterday. Plucking up the courage to tell the wife - still she'll find out whatever in two weeks when it appears in the garage I suppose! Will likely ask many repeat questions, first of which will be which tail tidy have you guys found most reasonably priced and important for a non-mechanically mind chap, easiest to fit.

Blimey, hope you stay married when the missus finds out!! As the others say go with Evotech and also buy a rad guard.

Welcome to a very friendly and knowledgable forum mate I picked the 2018 in the same colours 2 weeks ago.Fitted a double bubble (dark tint) carbon hugger Evo tech tail tidy (the best) and just ordered the cat cover to hide that monstrosity only thing then is a slip on. Don’t fear the bike it is so usable in all situations but when you get the limiter off you will become addicted to the roar from 8,000 rpm when the world starts to go in reverse lol.

Back