Clutch

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bins

Reaction score
Hi, my 2011 rr has 36,000 on the clock, the clutch basket is knackered, I read somwhere about race teams with loads they do not want, any ideas? Thanks R B

Try contacting Smiths Racing or Phil Crowe and they should be able to help you.

I've got a 2015 S1000rr it's only got 14,000 miles on it. It doesn't like going into neutral from 1st, from 2nd it's fine. Took it for an interim service and was told clutch is dragging. it's gonna cost me either ?375 (just plates) or worst case over ?1000 (for new basket). I'm gutted!

Errr that all seems extreme when none of them go into neutral easily, by design.

- Alex

It will go into neutral from Ist but only after giving it a good ride (although it is tricky to find). But I can't simply get the bike up to temperature from cold and slip it into neutral.

It will go into neutral from Ist but only after giving it a good ride (although it is tricky to find). But I can't simply get the bike up to temperature from cold and slip it into neutral.
A lot of them take some doing.

- Alex

I caveat that I'm no mechanic, but there is adjustment in the cable which if too tight causes issues. There has to be some play in the lever.

And the diagnosis may be right etc as you've no idea how it was used and abused before you got it.

- Alex

Thanks Alex you've sorta put my mind at rest a bit.

Good :). Bmw bike gearboxes are generally crap at getting into neutral from 1st, easy from 2nd. I have had 3 flavours from bmw and each one is the same. It becomes a learnt method to pop up into 2nd before dropping into neutral. The main gearbox issues are with high gear selection which is often a straightforward repair too, not come across many big gearbox issues on these bikes.

My first gen 2 to was a bit of a bugger getting into neutral but this one is lovely

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anyone needing parts for their bike could try Phil Crowe, he sorted my parts promptly and dispatched them.

My Bm is just as bad as my Gixxer and Busa at finding neutral from first always easier to find from second

yea i have the same issue! finding neutral from first feels impossible but a lot easier from second to neutral.

Back