rear shock

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakeysdad

Reaction score
is it much of a job to change it? got a new one for the track bike but not had chanc to have a look yet

Its just an unbolt job then.
But you'll need a way to support the bike whilst you take the shock out.

Abba stand or 1Jac chassis lift.

- Alex
does it come out above swingarm or do you pull it through underneath

Rear Shock Removal

I?ve found the easiest way to remove the rear shock is to place the bike on a suitable stand which takes the weight off the swingarm. Remove the seat and tank side fairing panels and then loosen the fuel tank and lift the rear about 100mm. Loosen the rear brake reservoir and the screw to the rear exhaust servo. Finally loosen the four bolts securing the subframe and then remove the lower two. This will allow you to raise the rear subframe and then it?s just a case of unbolting and removing the rear shock by lifting it straight out. I do this every time I remove my suspension to have it serviced and it should take no more that 30 minutes. If you had a DDC equipped S1000RR the only thing extra that you would need to do is disconnect the electrical plugs before removing the rear shock.

Re: Rear Shock Removal

I’ve found the easiest way to remove the rear shock is to place the bike on a suitable stand which takes the weight off the swingarm. Remove the seat and tank side fairing panels and then loosen the fuel tank and lift the rear about 100mm. Loosen the rear brake reservoir and the screw to the rear exhaust servo. Finally loosen the four bolts securing the subframe and then remove the lower two. This will allow you to raise the rear subframe and then it’s just a case of unbolting and removing the rear shock by lifting it straight out. I do this every time I remove my suspension to have it serviced and it should take no more that 30 minutes. If you had a DDC equipped S1000RR the only thing extra that you would need to do is disconnect the electrical plugs before removing the rear shock.
that sounds a lot of hassle to remove it

Rear Shock Removal

It?s really not that difficult or time consuming especially after you?ve done it a couple of times. The only awkward part is accessing and unbolting the rear shock from the swingarm linkage at the bottom.

Loosening the subframe is the way I do it aswell. Remove the bottom 2 bolts but only loosen the upper bolts to allow you to lift it slightly.
It?s a pain in the hoop but achievable no bother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back