Gen 3 fuel warning mileage

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alol

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it possible to programme the mileage you would like to see the fuel light coming on?Mine does with 43 miles left which imho is too soon, I would like it to be high 20's if possible.

Thanks

Hi,

Is it possible to programme the mileage you would like to see the fuel light coming on?Mine does with 43 miles left which imho is too soon, I would like it to be high 20's if possible.

Thanks

Not that Im aware of. However that mileage tank range is pretty much bang on to empty; so at 0 you won't have anything left!
My last few bikes put the fuel warning light on when still having uptown 7 liters in the tank (675's, 765)... The BM is spot on.

To my knowledge this is not configurable at all, certainly not through the bikes settings menu

I thought it came on when there's a certain amount of fuel left, not mileage? Mine comes on at different times with different values?

Always 43 on mine. Just seems a bit too early for me.

There is a sensor in the tank which has a threshold to trigger the warning. The ecu works out your current mpg and gives a calculated distance to empty.

As Soof says its entirely mpg related.
Useful to reset the mpg meter when you go to the track for that reason

- Alex

What about the fuel range trip? When I fill up, the fuel range tells me I've got enough for 155 miles, It never shows any more or any less, whether I brim the tank or not! Then it doesn't alter that mileage till I've done 30 or 40 miles. Then it starts to drop 154....153 and so on. Is it the same on 'em all? Or is it just mine?
It's been like that since new and I never mentioned to the dealer 😕

Fuel Warning Light

I rarely fill mine up completely on a trackday as it?s a lot of extra weight to throw around. Whenever I do though it always states a tank range of 155 miles. To be honest I never really take much notice and as soon as the fuel warning light comes on I just return to pit lane and fill up again between sessions. By all accounts the fuel range countdown is pretty accurate.

Yes max range is 155. Like how the speedo stops at 186.
I got 60+ mpg pre RapidBike Map, on a run. It should make 180 easily if you're just on an M-Way.

- Alex

Last edited:
Hmm, mine's gen 1 and the light comes on between 100 and 120 miles, then it says somewhere between 40 and 35 to go, so 155 might be possible, but I normally reckon 130 max when touring just in case ( I have had 150 and it hadn't run completely dry). Your bum and wrists normally need a rest by then!

Hmm, mine's gen 1 and the light comes on between 100 and 120 miles, then it says somewhere between 40 and 35 to go, so 155 might be possible, but I normally reckon 130 max when touring just in case ( I have had 150 and it hadn't run completely dry). Your bum and wrists normally need a rest by then!

Yeah with BMW's stone like saddle you are definitely right!

Back