Dropped in to Ducati...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
So dropped in to Ducati today...some lovely stuff. Check the stripped down V4...lot of tech in a compact area... the Triumph showroom is bolted on to the Duc outlet... that Bobber is a cool wee machine..

BONUS: They have the best looking birds cutting about...
b7a6a6b0d4fd7d69de9bf0644da62b3e.jpg
b895d8058e64b7b922399d61411728bf.jpg
2d7c795ee0e910508c6e55bb2cdc1487.jpg
546ae6d989a3bb05e53123f8b6a33d1d.jpg
e64b6187314b0ad5a898a47e7403c068.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Maybe the v4 has broken down already lol.

Triumph are making some nice bikes at the moment, some cool retro stuff. There is a dealer just near my office, been meaning to have a nosey....

Last edited:
Maybe the v4 has broken down already lol.

Triumph are making some nice bikes at the moment, some cool retro stuff. There is a dealer just near my office, been meaning to have a nosey....
Lol.. I'm not Ducati lover at all..they sound like a cheap washing machine with fucked bearings.... as I've stated on here before you can't beat the howl off an inline 4 with a 4-1 system.....

I agree about the Triumph range... some nice stuff they are listing up at present...

Lol.. I'm not Ducati lover at all..they sound like a cheap washing machine with fucked bearings.... as I've stated on here before you can't beat the howl off an inline 4 with a 4-1 system.....

I agree about the Triumph range... some nice stuff they are listing up at present...

Marmite sound, always sound better in the flesh. I get more comments/head turns re my 1299 sound than RR, particularly cold start & petrol station antics.

99% of time, it?s the men who get the horn over it. The 1% was a lady in a 911 who came over to chat Ducati.
Knew her stuff.

And yes she was, and yes you would.

Personally, prefer the IL4 too.

Marmite sound, always sound better in the flesh. I get more comments/head turns re my 1299 sound than RR, particularly cold start & petrol station antics.

99% of time, it?s the men who get the horn over it. The 1% was a lady in a 911 who came over to chat Ducati.
Knew her stuff.

And yes she was, and yes you would.

Personally, prefer the IL4 too.
Rosso.... did you get her number ?

Fit bikes. Just can't stand the sound of them.

Rosso.... did you get her number ?

No pal, fail.

My sister in law ( the wife?s twin) was filling up with the pump behind me.

If Carlsberg did petrol stations with potential further pump action, Tesco extra wasn?t it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pal, fail.

My sister in law ( the wife?s twin) was filling up with the pump behind me.

If Carlsberg did petrol stations with potential further pump action, Tesco extra wasn?t it.

Lol. Hilarious... ucht mate thats a nightmare, next time....in laws.. god damn them !

Very pretty mate... bet if it could talk it would be a manky bitch !

Yep, high maint tinder date.

Show me a hint of cleavage dome, ask for ?1,000 up front to service it & then tell me it?s got a headache & perhaps we should just hold hands and be friends.

Yep, high maint tinder date.

Show me a hint of cleavage dome, ask for ?1,000 up front to service it & then tell me it?s got a headache & perhaps we should just hold hands and be friends.

That would have me unlocking my gun cabinet !

Had a look at the Triumph's on display at the bike show today. Bobber is nice , Thruxton R with the full cafe racer pack in white was stunning.

Had a look at the Triumph's on display at the bike show today. Bobber is nice , Thruxton R with the full cafe racer pack in white was stunning.
I agree the Thruxton R is a peach of a bike... how was the show ?

Have to say I enjoyed it more than I have for the past few years. Still wasn't brilliant though. It was busy , plenty bikes in the parking outside and loads of cars. Spoke to Hutchy and he's determined to get the NW200 as he needs that to race at the TT , he still has the fixator on but is getting an X-ray this week coming which obviously will be the decider if he's racing or not. Some good deals on helmets and boots and some absolute shite as per usual.

Have to say I enjoyed it more than I have for the past few years. Still wasn't brilliant though. It was busy , plenty bikes in the parking outside and loads of cars. Spoke to Hutchy and he's determined to get the NW200 as he needs that to race at the TT , he still has the fixator on but is getting an X-ray this week coming which obviously will be the decider if he's racing or not. Some good deals on helmets and boots and some absolute shite as per usual.
Cheers for the texts Duncan... I"m not going.. I don't need anything anyhow... I'd just spend dough on stuff I don't need..

I went for a browse round the duke/triumph show room a coup,e of weeks ago, when the car was next door for a service.
Some very nice machines to look at in both ends. And was very tempted by the Tiger Sport. They had a very nice grey and yellow one.
Impressive showrooms Kenny... did you go in to HDs place that is some set up inside...big changes in the industry from when I bought my first bike from Ingrid in the Scooter Centre on Great Western Rd in 1979... she was an old Scandanavian bird that sat in an office upstairs..."so ye vant to buy a motabike stoooart" ... Iol. I'll never forget those words..

Marmite sound, always sound better in the flesh. I get more comments/head turns re my 1299 sound than RR, particularly cold start & petrol station antics....
-
My RC8R sounded like a 10ft sewing machine, but I grew to love it.
Often got complements on the sound of the KTM at track days. Contrasted nicely with the embarrassed silence when discussing my riding skills...

Back