Dan Hegarty Crowd Funding

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRR

Reaction score
I thought I'd share this for you all to have a look at as Dan Hegarty lived locally to me, and while I'd didn't know him personally he was a real road racing talent and from what I know of his family they are decent and hard working It seems very unfair that they have received no insurance payments as a result of his death, maybe one or two of you could make a donation..

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/n...d-after-insurance-firm-refuses-hegarty-payout

Last edited:
I'll stick some dough in when I'm on my lappie ... the clause must have been in his docs guys...just saying.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sad loss donation made
Read somewhere the clause was something to do with him being outside of Europe

Yes that's right, none of us are insured against every eventuality are we? It also seems rare / unheard of for insurance companies to use their discretion despite being happy to keep shoving up premiums, it isn't right is it...?

Not wishing to offend anyone but insurance policies state the territorial limits for the policy and the premium will reflect that. Doing something that dangerous for a living you would think the policy would have been checked over with a microscope? Its not the insurers fault that the claim was made outside the area and wasnt valid?

Very sad time for the family. RIP.

This is really sad to hear but unfortunately this is exactly the reason why you should always read the small print.

Ryan / Andy of course you're both right, unfortunately we all miss things, make mistakes or take calculated risks that don't come off. Hopefully a decent amount will be raised and some good will come out of it all...

Back