Akrapovic Exhaust - what's needed?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gobovic

Reaction score
Hi all,

I?m thinking of getting an akrapovic full system for my 2018 s1000rr (S-B10E5-CZT). I have seen bits and pieces of information around the forum, but I was wondering if someone could confirm what I think will need to be done?

1. Buy Exhaust system and Power Commander (or equivalent)
  2. Install exhaust and power commander
  3. Get the bike dynoed and a map written to the power commander
  4. Enjoy noise!

My questions are: Should I buy an autotune module to go with it? Does that negate the need to get the bike dynoed? Does the bike need to be dynoed at all with just the PCV installed?

Thanks in advance!

Ey up pal,

Ive got a full akro system on my gen 1 7 it was dyno'd after instalation As a rule of thumb i was always told that be it a performance car or bike you should always have it dyno'd. Greaster air flow, cat delete etc needs to be accounted for when running.

I'm no expert, just what i have always been told before. I could be wrong.

I would recommend you purchase a Rapid Bike Race module rather than a PCV. Reason being is that since Euro 4 (17-18) the stock lambda sensor must remain functional. Ultimately, if you use a PCV, you will not be able to tune the closed-loop region of the rev range.

+1 on what Jonesy says, if you decat it is always beneficial to have fuelling at least checked on a dyno.

Important points to note re installation of your exhaust, is that the servo motors must not be removed, however you can remove the servo cables taking care not to rotate the plates. Rotating the plates and/or unplugging the servo motors results in an engine warning light.

Best of luck with the upgrades, it?s certainly quite the transformation [emoji6]

Last edited:
Ok, that's great to know - thanks guys. Can anyone recommend a dyno in the North Hampshire / Surrey kind of area? I can see Dynotech in Tadley, but I imagine they only do PCV work.

HM Racing would be my choice, bit further but very experienced and reasonable.

Yeah them boys know there stuff. They did my r1 and ny s1krr , they also do some old ducatis at bsb [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fitted the full system to my bike earlier this year, you can unplug the servos but the ignition must be off and stay off until you reconnect them. I sealed the cases up with a bit of silicon after I removed the cables, this should stop any moisture getting in.
The rear servo was a bit of a bitch to get to but persevere and its possible, seem to remember I watched a guy on youtube do it first.
As for getting the fuelling sorted, I took my bike to Hilltop, its the third bike he's done for me and each one has been spot on.
I got suckered into buying the db killer, this really spoils the sound and if you want quiet I would just stick the end can on.
Last thing is if you fit a full system, the instructions (that are pretty good) tell you to fit the springs to the headers and then tighten the flanges, you cant get to the nuts and have to remove all the springs again, that was a real ball ache to do.
One last thing, when removing the rear servo make sure you cover the swing arm with some protection as its really easy to scratch it.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I?m thinking of getting an akrapovic full system for my 2018 s1000rr (S-B10E5-CZT). I have seen bits and pieces of information around the forum, but I was wondering if someone could confirm what I think will need to be done?

1. Buy Exhaust system and Power Commander (or equivalent)
  2. Install exhaust and power commander
  3. Get the bike dynoed and a map written to the power commander
  4. Enjoy noise!

My questions are: Should I buy an autotune module to go with it? Does that negate the need to get the bike dynoed? Does the bike need to be dynoed at all with just the PCV installed?

Thanks in advance!

Hi. I?ve got the Akrapovic too so removed the de-cat. I took it to H+M in Edenbridge and they are so professional and really know their stuff. They recommend I had the PC and dyno done , which I did. You can see all the readings of the mixtures and the power out puts. Mine is now running at 193bhp on the back wheel. It has totally transformed the bike , so smooth and so much more power. Definitely worth the journey to Edenbridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back