2015 S1000RR EML light Orange non flashing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gradders

Reaction score
Recently purchased the 2015 RR, first ride last night and when giving it a good spanking of the throttle the EML light come on. It stays on and i lose engine power. when i turn off the ignition and back on again the EML light has reset but 5 minutes later under hard throttle it come back.

Its ok on a gentle ride. Any ideas?
Doesnt seem to be gear related.

You need to get it scanned would be guessing otherwise.

Mine done the same when I bought it and it turned out to be a faulty injector, I would of worked it out eventually but a scan did it in minutes.

Dealer i bought from is collecting it tomorrow to have it looked at and im not paying.
Just hate not knowing and waiting lol
hop its fixed and back before the weekend.

Thanks guys

Dealer i bought from is collecting it tomorrow to have it looked at and im not paying.
Just hate not knowing and waiting lol
hop its fixed and back before the weekend.

Thanks guys

Dealer i bought from are stating my arrow slip on may be causing the issue (which sounds stupid as its post Butterfly valve, Cat, and Sensors) I spoke to Jack at BMW Northampton (proper nice guy) who suggests this is rubbish so i am forced to wait ill Monday to get it in at Northampton BMW for a diagnosis myself. (sad face)

is there any common issues on the 2015 i should be checking first?

Dealer i bought from are stating my arrow slip on may be causing the issue (which sounds stupid as its post Butterfly valve, Cat, and Sensors) I spoke to Jack at BMW Northampton (proper nice guy) who suggests this is rubbish so i am forced to wait ill Monday to get it in at Northampton BMW for a diagnosis myself. (sad face)

Sounds like rubbish to me, did you buy it from BMW? If so I would take it to a different dealer like it sounds like you did.

If not put the stock can back on and take it back.

BMW Welwyn looked at it on Saturday. was a secondary air pump fault. Sorted it FOC

Who was the dealer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back