dr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabea

Reaction score
hello every one I am rabea from the UK and I stay in Malawi Africa.

hello every one .
I have s1000rr 2010 having problem to start it .
I just got this bike from a random guy who lost the key for it .
i got a used set of ECU ECM with ignition and key . put everything back in place and tried to start . i came up with VDS and not crank at all .
i noticed the drop down sensor was out of its place . so i placed it back up right position . so went to start the bike was cranking time but not starting at all .
no faults on dash . fuel pump no sound of it working at all . i did try to use quick start just to see if the engine will try to fire up but nothing at all .
i have no idea how to test the side stand switch to know if it is the problem . i am in small African country where i cant get any BMW dealers to help
Please any advise or help on this i will greatly appreciated .

hello every one .
i got a used set of ECU ECM with ignition and key . put everything back in place and tried to start . i came up with VDS and not crank at all .
i noticed the drop down sensor was out of its place . so i placed it back up right position . so went to start the bike was cranking time but not starting at all .
no faults on dash . fuel pump no sound of it working at all . i did try to use quick start just to see if the engine will try to fire up but nothing at all .
i have no idea how to test the side stand switch to know if it is the problem . i am in small African country where i cant get any BMW dealers to help
Hi rabea.. welcome.. someone better qualified than me will be along to advise I'm sure..

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hello every one .

Welcome Rabea. This is a great forum with a lot of very knowledgeable guys that like to help out where they can.

Bought a bike off a random guy, with no key....

I hope there were lots of background checks to ensure the bike was not stolen!!!

As Stuart says, somebody with more technical knowledge will be along shortly to help with your problem

Reads like it was stolen.
Probably need to buy a GS911 to fault code check it.

- Alex

I am sure it is not stolen as I did check with police and they confirm no report of it being stolen . It is just a guy whom he lost the key of it and being in this small country things are hard to get for this Bikes.

I am sure it is not stolen as I did check with police and they confirm no report of it being stolen . It is just a guy whom he lost the key of it and being in this small country things are hard to get for this Bikes.
But you no shortage of Malawi Cichlids... I kept a tank full for years...sorry nothing to do with your problem lol..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum rabea.

+1 on what Alex says, I would suspect you?ll need to purchase a GS911 tool to check fault codes.

What is your riding history i.e. what bike(s) have you had previously?
What sort of riding do you enjoy?

Oli

hello oli
i have 2015 R1200gs adventure. I never had super bike before . do u think it could be the crankshaft sensor ? as in Cars it causes this kind of problems . advise please

Hi, do you have an engine number and chassis number. I can check a few details for you.

Back