The Masters 2018

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
This signifies the real start of the golfing season to me. Loved last years emotional victory by Sergio Garcia on Seves' birthday, looking forward to yet another historical battle on the back 9 on Sunday.

Whose your money on guys, got an urge to stick a tenner on Tiger, what a comeback.

Don't know why but I come over all nostalgic when it comes to golf, my Wife is now teasing me as its not the first time I've been crying at the end of a Major and has asked me when I am getting back into these shorts, haha maybe 10 inches ago.

c7e823e11ea72e39fa88fc9d48ea46e7.jpg

Below is the greatest player I have ever seen along with Billy Foster his caddie who I always think looks like Ant McPartland

787221386aa7878c04098f23ac351424.jpg

My heros flag.

1615cb8a96f1722a177987cd440f964f.jpg

Apologies for the fuzzy photos, took them off my collection of 35mm photos from back in the day.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
I?m hoping Tiger can do it, I?m Tiger through and through, completely my era from when I started and I?m glad he?s back.

I’m hoping Tiger can do it, I’m Tiger through and through, completely my era from when I started and I’m glad he’s back.

Definitely Wull adds something a bit special, could be the best ever comeback to add to so many great stories from yesteryear, Ben Crenshaw winning the week after he said goodbye to his mentor, Sandys 7 iron from the bunker in 88 and of course Larry Mize chipping in to break Greg Normans heart yet again.

What theatre.

JimmyMac

Well so far so good for me... I've a punt on 4 of the top 5...so far. The masters is the only major I stick money on...it's a bit early to call but watch out for Finau..

Great images Jimmy when were they taken...

Stuart
18ea0faea2d1c6c83fd12cc66dbc022f.jpg
dfdda421a227e3d9070ed0ebacf4510e.jpg
92c23fa479b2a8878d260b1cac15ef01.jpg
e54da0ba8ee581a64fb1f8ebd222076e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kept your options open there Stuart with them bets mate. If there's one person I really hope doesn't win its Jordan Spieth, he's such an arrogant pr@ck who behaves like a spoilt brat.

Holy crap Stuart is there any body you didn't put money on, lol.

See yer man Watson won the Par 3 yesterday, brilliant stuff. Finau almost knacked himself after the hole in one though, but looking good now.

The photos were from when I was at Augusta in 94, the World Matchplay was 91 when Seve beat Nick Price in the final and the flag was taken tonight. If you look at the reflection on the flag I've noticed that you can see a famous football strip on the other wall, the man who did more to have Scots cheering in a World Cup than Archie Gemmill.

Hope your bets come in.

JimmyMac

Oh, quick funny story about the Matchplay at Wentworth. Took a couple of spools of film of me and some of my RAF pals that were there with me, when I got up the road I got them developed and the girl in the chemist asked me if I had been there with my Uncle who is a mad keen golfer as well, I said no I was with my RAF buddies and she pointed out that on one of my photos my Uncle was standing at the tee of one of the holes clear as day.

Turns out he went there with his bit on the side without my Auntie, I never saw him there but it was bad luck for him. What are the chances of getting caught like that.......... needless to say a divorce was not far at the back of that.

Last edited:
Oh, quick funny story about the Matchplay at Wentworth. Took a couple of spools of film of me and some of my RAF pals that were there with me, when I got up the road I got them developed and the girl in the chemist asked me if I had been there with my Uncle who is a mad keen golfer as well, I said no I was with my RAF buddies and she pointed out that on one of my photos my Uncle was standing at the tee of one of the holes clear as day.

Turns out he went there with his bit on the side without my Auntie, I never saw him there but it was bad luck for him. What are the chances of getting caught like that.......... needless to say a divorce was not far at the back of that.

Oh dear. :emmersed:

I?m guessing you play Golf Jimmy? If you?re ever up my way and fancy a game let me know.

No worries Wull, used to play around 5 rounds a week when I was learning the game at Leven Thistle, due to a variety of reasons have averaged just a couple of rounds a year for the last 3-4 years.

Keen to make amends this year and get match fit again, managed to lift all the sweep last week at St. Andrews playing off 6, desperate to be Category 1 again despite having a triple back fracture and an expanding waistline, haha.

You and a partner are more than welcome to come to Fife and sample our hospitality and our course at any time.

Where do you play?

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Suppose someone has to like Faldo, never been a fan myself. Club championship qualifier tomorrow morning so quiet night infront if the masters to be fresh for the task

Daz

Where do you play?

JimmyMac

Killin G.C now, I was a junior at Callander before giving up, I then started again in 2011/12 and got back to car 1 before quitting again. Decided to give it a try again middle of last year with no goals, just going to enjoy it and see what happens. Well, the goal ain’t a lie, win the Club Championship is definitely on the agenda.

Same as ours, I missed the first qualifier had a 77 in the second, hoping for some decent weather tomorrow see if I qualify, top 16 or 15 as last years champion qualifies

I've played Killin.. good wee course... actually had a day out with my bro in law a few years ago...played Killin and Comrie.

If I remember is there not an honesty box at Killin Wull ?

If the answer is yes I can see Jimmy blasting over here at Dusk to break into it lol...

S

Last edited:
I've played Killin.. good wee course... actually had a day out with my bro in law a few years ago...played Killin and Comrie.

If I remember is there not an honesty box at Killin Wull ?

If the answer is yes I can see Jimmy blasting over here at Dusk to break into it lol...

S

during the off-season or when they didn?t have stewards. Clubhouse is open now so don?t waste your time rushing over Jimmy, no honesty box to steal :witless:

course is even better now but the weather hasn?t been kind, from the tail end of the summer last year until now it?s been brutal. Fingers crossed it gets better.

Maybe get a wee round up at yours then or Taymouth Castle sometime ..

Taymouth castle is still closed, won’t be open this year either. Not sure exactly what’s going on but Donald’s keeping on top of it so it’s in very good condition.

Back