Hi all

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stalker34

Reaction score
Just thought it the right thing to say hi to all.

Well I'm back onto a inline four after many years (my last was a Cadburys Boost YZF750R!) I've had RSV Milles in the past and then had about 7 years off having sold all my leathers, helmet and gear (also don't mention losing all my NCB and having to start again!) then I got the itch again so without telling the wife I went and bought a Triumph Daytona Triple but never really felt at home on it so went back to my local dealer and there it was a Thunder/Ostra Grey 2011 S1000RR Sport which looked like something a Starwars Tie Fighter pilot would ride and it was love at first sight!! Sad I know especially as Im 50 this year!

I must admit I had never have suffered from pre delivery anticipation as much before, however, it was made much worse with the snow delaying it by a further week and on the day of arrival I did do lots of staring and polishing! lol

I'm blessed with being in the Scottish Borders and have some beautiful roads around me sooo when this rubbish weather eventually stops I will be able to get out and enjoy my new ride.

Cheers

J

Hi Stalker, welcome to the site and congrats on the new bike, most 2011's are in motorsport livery but yours will definitely stand out, it is a great colour and quite rare.

Hope the weather down there is ok for you, its been a very cold and later spell of weather we have had to endure this year but always the optimist it means we will have the summer of all summers, lol.

Take care and maybe see you flying about St. Mary Loch.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the forum Stalker and congratulations on your new RR!

Fingers crossed for a long and fantastic Summer as Jimmy says.

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy and exciting miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks guys i'm looking forward to contributing and using the forum. Just a quick question does anyone else get to the Steve Hislop Memorial Run out of Denholm each year? I went for the first time last year and it was a great ride out with all different types of bikes.

Hi Stalker, welcome to the site and congrats on the new bike, most 2011's are in motorsport livery but yours will definitely stand out, it is a great colour and quite rare.

Hope the weather down there is ok for you, its been a very cold and later spell of weather we have had to endure this year but always the optimist it means we will have the summer of all summers, lol.

Take care and maybe see you flying about St. Mary Loch.

JimmyMac

Hi Jimmy, Yes its beautiful around St Mary Loch and not too busy compared to some, I will keep any eye out for you! Cheers J

Never knew about the Hizzy run J, as long as its not the first weekend in August I think I will give it some support. Cheers for that.

JimmyMac

Hi stalker, welcome to the forum. Love it up in the borders. Have done many trips around Moffat, Kelso, Coldstream etc. Enjoy the new bike :).

Hi Stalker, like your background of bikes, RSV's superb and I keep looking for bargain YZFs on ebay(!) forget being 50 and enjoy your S1000 and the forum

Thanks Mac Yes I admit its been a nice mix I was sooo tempted towards the Mille again but thought I would try the S1000rr given all the great write ups. When the weather eventually picks up I will get some miles under my belt. as for the YZF yes I think with some recent magazine articles on certain older bikes its keeping the prices high, thats if owners are actually wanting to sell!

Back