TGP e-Throttle 2015+ Group Buy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unlikely. We can never get the numbers needed. The throttles are always available from TGP.

- Alex

Last edited:
Can someone explain what is the difference between Heating and without Heating models ? On my BMW I do have heated grips, but obviously I don't really care about heating on track.

You've answered already.

Road & Track user probably wants to retain heating.

Track only doesn't care.

Track only with Alpha race switchgear can't use so definitely doesn't want.

- Alex

Ordered one yesterday. Hopefully will find GS 911 somewhere around.

Last edited:
you can manually re claibrate the throttle,dont need the GS,we did it last week with a mates bike

so did i,but we fitted an alpha (assuming they are basically the same) throttle to a mates bike in jerez last week,was going to set adaptions via my gs unit,when someone told us you dont need to,did the process,which is essentially same as the gs and rck and semed to work fine,wether it would have worked fine without doing it no idea as we didn't try it.so it either did it,or it didn't need doing and made me think it worked :race2_smilie:

Did you go direct to TGP or use a UK based supplier?
Direct. Just used Revolut to wire Euros out.

Ever since Prime Factors took 3 weeks to deliver something that I eventually got from alpha racing in 3 days, I prefer to go direct.

TGP Throttle Fitted, was easy TBH.

Just doing a Throttle Adaption Reset with the GS-911 & will take it for quick spin to see how it feels.

How does it exactly attach to the clipon ? I dont see any wholes in it, so I guess there is no need to drill through clipon ?

Lets open this up again.

In the MCN Live 2018 Thread https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?12015-MCN-Live-2018&p=109942&viewfull=1#post109942
We started to discuss the TGP Throttle on the Tyco BMW.

https://www.tgp-racing.com/tgp-motoracing/eigenentwicklungen/

TGP E-throttle for the S1000RR 2015

The throttle roll is reduced to 68degrees with this.

Alex, sorry to resurrect this again...

I have been in talks with RS2E about shortening TGP grip and they say this:

[FONT=&quot]I thought OEM is 78 degrees and TGP is reduced by 10 to 68, or am I wrong ?[/FONT]

no, OEM for the 2014 S1000R and the first S1000RR 2015 did have 73?. After this they?ve changed the supplier and since that they have 68?. TGP has 68? from the beginning because the 73? throttle grips have never been sold as spare part for S1000RR models.

Which means TGP grip doesn't really reduce the roll.

Does this make sense to you ? I haven't installed mine yet, but it feels shorter.

Alex, sorry to resurrect this again...
I have been in talks with RS2E about shortening TGP grip and they say this:
Which means TGP grip doesn't really reduce the roll.
Does this make sense to you ? I haven't installed mine yet, but it feels shorter.

I don't know. Not had the TGP, you can use a phone app to register the rotation. Strap the phone to the end of the throttle and Rotate through the range of movement. Difference in the first angle to the second is your rotation degrees.

The HP4-Race throttle was supposed to be short throw as well. But RS2E shortened it further.

I don't know. Not had the TGP, you can use a phone app to register the rotation. Strap the phone to the end of the throttle and Rotate through the range of movement. Difference in the first angle to the second is your rotation degrees.

The HP4-Race throttle was supposed to be short throw as well. But RS2E shortened it further.
So now I can defo say, that TGP is shorter than OEM I have on my 16. But Reiner from RS2E is pretty confident that BMW did shorten throttle in "upgraded" 16 models and it is literally TGP throttle in BMW housing.

I've just had a look at my 2016 throttle using one of the angle apps and it certainly looks closer to 68 than the 80 degree's I've seen quoted for the OE throttle.

i've got a TGP throttle on my bike,and a o/e in my spares box,and tbh icant tell any difference in the the rotation,obvioulsy the TGP is totally different housing,but as far as it being a faster action,would say there isn't any.

pretty sure i read somewhere from phil crow,that the later 16/17 bikes has faster throttle action,so was no need to get a the alpha version,apart from the extra protection in case of a crash

Back