TGP e-Throttle 2015+ Group Buy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are there any options for a Q/A throttle that can be used with original switchgear AND retains the heated grips, for a 2017 model? Or am I asking too much?

So why not fit the hp4 throttle then change back to the OE throttle when colder weather arrives(Q/A throttle not needed then!) ?.

HP Race QA throttle is not just a qa, below about 6k its just like the normal throttle, but above 6k it is a qa right to full on. I have done a quick n dirty test with the old factory throttle on my 17 plate and got 68 degree rotation, using the HP Race one I got 58 degree rotation. From closed to full open is now an easy roll of the wrist rather than roll and grab the last bit.

Unfortunately the way the ecu reads the throttle signal the HP Race one will only work on the 17-18 plate bikes, something to do with linear and stepped signal received by ecu. Lind BMW tested it on a 15 plate and it won't work but calibrated perfectly on my 17 :)

Saying all this mine might be up for grabs soon as plans are a changing

HP Race QA throttle is not just a qa, below about 6k its just like the normal throttle, but above 6k it is a qa right to full on. I have done a quick n dirty test with the old factory throttle on my 17 plate and got 68 degree rotation, using the HP Race one I got 58 degree rotation. From closed to full open is now an easy roll of the wrist rather than roll and grab the last bit.

Unfortunately the way the ecu reads the throttle signal the HP Race one will only work on the 17-18 plate bikes, something to do with linear and stepped signal received by ecu. Lind BMW tested it on a 15 plate and it won't work but calibrated perfectly on my 17 :)

Saying all this mine might be up for grabs soon as plans are a changing
Have to say my first go at Brands I was definitely at WOT easier but overall the control was easy, didn't think about it. It was the renthal grip and buzz from the light clipons I noticed most...forgot I had a QAT tbh.

- Alex

Have to say my first go at Brands I was definitely at WOT easier but overall the control was easy, didn't think about it. It was the renthal grip and buzz from the light clipons I noticed most...forgot I had a QAT tbh.

- Alex

Thats odd as I've also got Renthalls on and haven't noticed a buzz at all, but yes really easy to ride with it all the time

Mines been a buzzy bike from the off.
Hadn't got the PPTUNING lever guard and bar ends ready for Brands so was worse than normal.

They will go on before Portimao.

- Alex

Clip-ons

The vibrations on mine weren?t that noticeable on track when I had my alpha Racing clip-ons and brake lever guard fitted. That said I suspect I would have noticed them more if I had ever used the bike on the road; but on a track bike it was never a concern. With hindsight I do regret not fitting a quick action throttle as they make such a difference on track.

Hi, i?ve just bought the hp4 race throttle for my ?17 plate. Quick question, will the ecu adapt to it or do i need the gs-911 to reset the twist grip?

Definitely BMW will code it.
Maybe the Euro4 GS911 will do it.
Definitely not the old GS911

- Alex

Thanks Alex, so i need to take it to BMW. I thought BM’s had a procedure for clearing/re-setting the throttle adaptations...may have mis read that somewhere.

The GS can do it on all models before the 2017 with Euro4.
But then that throttle doesn't fit the previous versions either...

- Alex

Definitely BMW will code it.
Maybe the Euro4 GS911 will do it.
Definitely not the old GS911

- Alex

when you say old gs911 unit,you talking about the yellow ones,or the later wifi version?

it's literlally a 10 second job either with the gs unit or RCK3 if your using that

the standard enthusiast wifi(red colour) version definatley does the adaption reset/calibration

Back