Decat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephens1000rr

Reaction score
Hi there

I?m thinking off decating my 2018 model
Just don?t have the money for a full system so I?m going to cut the cat and get a link pipe etc etc

Is there anything I should be aware off before doing this?

Any suggestions would be appropriate

Cheers
Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll lose a lot of power. Apart from that it sounds cool

Had a decat Austin Racing, Cut up my stock exhaust (Big mistake) stuck their crappy thing on, dyno'd the bike @ 179bhp. Got a full SS akra, Dyno'd the bike @ 197bhp.

Difference was mad

Do not remove the exhaust servo motors (x2), simply remove the cables but take care not to rotate the plates otherwise this will result in an engine warning light.
Do not remove the lambda sensor.

I would check fuelling on a dyno after to see if all is OK.
If you choose to purchase a fuel module, I would recommend a Rapid Bike Race (forum discount available, contact @alex).

@maddogsween has a 17 model with a custom decat link pipe.
Though I do agree with Ryan and Ben re full system. It doesn?t have to be Akrapovic, but a full system is the best way to go about decatting IMO.

Best of luck with your mods, I?m sure you?ll be very happy once the cat is gone for good [emoji6]

Last edited:
Remove your 2017 headers and replace them with standard 2015/16 ones which you should be able to pick up for about ?100, these are a lot less restricted and also gets rid of the big ugly cat.

This CAT is going nowhere...
-
7e5345b7811483133f15530269ff92ca.jpg

Misspelt by my iPhone

Cheers for the input folks!!
Appreciate it! (Y)

I?m sooo indecisive ffs!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?ve removed Cat and had a link pipe made. I?ve got it done so I can put cat back if needed. I?ve kept with standard headers and if I?m honest Bike is run sweet, but I?ve fitted the Rapid bike race and had it remapped. If the bike is down on power I can not notice it. .... May change the headers, but can?t see why at this stage..

Back