New owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean2kuk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm Sean 32 from Halifax west Yorkshire.
been riding since 2008 where I have owned a R1,ZX10R,Z1000, 2 GSXR1000'S and a fireblade.
left the army and took a couple of years out due to a injury I got while In Afghanistan.
3 weeks ago was on hunt for a s1000rr with a 10k max budget,i ended up going to GMC in Birmingham who had a black 2012 sport totally stock bike for sale with 5k miles and 4 bmw services stamps up for ?9500
they had only just added it for sale 10 min prior and I was first caller and threw a offer in of ?8700 and they accepted, i knew I had to get down there quick.
got there and it looked brand new,so well looked after I was amazed and left with her.
since ive spent a small fortune with carbon parts,sprocket and chain,exhaust and decat and a bunce of r&g crash protection
whenever I go online ive bought something else for it.
hopefully weather gets better so I can get some more days out.

Welcome sean. Sounds like you been spending some good money [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Sean and congratulations on your new RR!

Firstly, thank you for your service. I hope you have made a full recovery following your injury?

Thank you also for the detailed welcome post, you?ve certainly owned some great bikes over the years.
How do you find the RR compares with your previous sport bikes?

What sort of riding you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
May you have many happy miles ahead of you!

Oli

Last edited:
I was shot in the stomach and the right upper thigh (very close to my gentleman's vegetables)
after that tour I thought bollocks to this career.
in comparison the RR is leaps and bounds over the others,the worst I owned was the 2008 zx10r as I sold it after 3 weeks.
felt & cheap and not very refined at all.
i will try add pictures once i figure out how to.
i was going to buy some conquest carbon parts this week.....is it best doing it from here?

Hi Sean, welcome to the site. Sounds like you got lucky with the bike and the last tour.

Very glad you made it to here and believe me I am very proud of your service, my daughters boyfriend is a pongo and has done 3 Afghan tours so far. Still has his vegetables intact, lol.

I'm maybe a few months older than you and was in the first Gulf war but luckily avoided any 5.56 body piercings, I hope we do meet one day as I would like to thank you personally for your contribution to our country.

Enjoy your new bike and the forum.

JimmyMac

Crikey Sean, sounds like you had a lucky escape all things considered. As Jimmy says, I?m very glad to hear you?ve recovered and have joined the forum.
I hope you have a great year ahead of you onboard your RR!

Lol, yea @JimmyMac is just ?a few? months older then you [emoji12]

Re pictures, only Premier Forum Members can upload photos natively to the site. Alternatively, you must provide a link to a photo hosting site, such as Google etc

Welcome Sean..bit of a story to tell your grandkids that... could have been a sore one !.

As the lads say welcome aboard and enjoy your new machine...if you have a Mrs she will want the weather better too, might stop you draining the bank account ???????.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Morning Sean,

+1 on the gratitude - you're a braver man than I|

I'm surprised no-one has already mentioned this, but if you sign up as a premier member (?1/month) you not only get the picture upload ability, but you also get some tasty discounts - Conque st Carbon being one of the vendors who offer a decent percentage off for premier forum members (i'm sure one of the more knowledgeable guys will correct me here if I'm wrong).

Bike wise - I bet that S1K destroys the others - Only big thing missing from my novice eyes is a remap or PC5/RR module. That should unleash some more horses for you! - Oh, and if you do sign up, you get some lovely forum stickers to make your bike go even faster!

Last edited:
I'm trying to sign up to premium member but it says there are no subscriptions available.....
I'm going to be buying some carbon soon so wanted to see if there are any deals going on before I buy....

I'm trying to sign up to premium member but it says there are no subscriptions available.....
I'm going to be buying some carbon soon so wanted to see if there are any deals going on before I buy....

Hi sean, welcome to the forum. If you keep having issues signing up please let me know, there are no problems I am aware of, if you are using tapatalk you cant sign up, you will need to use a browser.

This is the message I get....

""THE UK'S No1 BMW S1000RR AND HP4 OWNERS FORUM does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.""

This is the message I get....

""THE UK'S No1 BMW S1000RR AND HP4 OWNERS FORUM does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.""

Can you send me the url where you get this message and the details of the browser you are using? I have just tried with a test account and it works fine.

Anyone else had any issues with subscribing?

Welcome Sean, Great intro and as the others have said Thank you for your service and putting your life on the line for others.

I hope you have a great time with your new bike, sounds lovely..

Regards

Phil

Last edited:
Back