Heat shield

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitey

Reaction score
Alright lads
Noticed today that belly pan of fairing has started to melt.
Ive got full akro system with crc fairings. Bottom part of downpipes touch the belly pan.
Has anyone had this problem?
Any reccomendations for heat shields?
Cheers Whitey

That heat reflective tape looks like it will do the job. Tad expensive lol. Cheers for that Rys1000rr

Heat Shield

I agree it's rather expensive but it is very good quality.

Re: Bellypan

Until you have an oil or coolant leak and then wish you had a sealed bellypan on track!

in the position where they burn the bellypan you would still catch a good litre or two of oil if you had too even with a cut out.
if this is a race bike then thats different and your not allowed to cut it out but if its a trackday bike then more than half the bikes on track dont have sealed bellypans.

Re: Bellypan

in the position where they burn the bellypan you would still catch a good litre or two of oil if you had too even with a cut out.
if this is a race bike then thats different and your not allowed to cut it out but if its a trackday bike then more than half the bikes on track dont have sealed bellypans.
A CRC race fairing should clear , the oil and water will help cool the hot fairing lol

the other option is to cut it out and make a fibre glass molding in a little hump and glue it on. ive had crc's that have burnt and other crc's that have plenty of clearance. the first ones i bought 5 years ago burnt and they replaced foc.

Last edited:
Just done 3 days at Cartagena with crc fairings and expensive heat shielding. I now have a hole......

yep the oe headers are much tighter, mines a full akro system. i now have carbon fairings and plenty of clearance. so no issues for me. :)

So the Akro headers don't fit very well then lol
this fairing kit should do the trick
9090bb622f09821c1260a708a4a57a36.jpg

Back