Renthal Gen3 Clipon - bar end weights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the heaviest bar ends are which fit the Renthal's?

I picked up a set from someone who'd changed plans. I'm looking to use them on road and track so I was wondering what the heaviest bar ends are out there at present. I'll need a lever guard too...

Renthal Clip-ons

You don?t generally find weighted bar ends for race clip-ons. They are normally just sealed using a nylon insert that you just push into the end of the clip-on. All it?s there to do is protect the end of the clip-on in the event of a crash on track.

I wouldn't worry about vibes on track, too much else to think about lol
Yep. I want them on for the NC500 though. 8hrs in the saddle a day! At cruise rpm's mine rattles more than vibes!

Hence saying on track I can take them off if they get in the way.

- Alex

Clip-ons

For road use you are probably better off leaving the OEM handlebars on.

Lovely...

...anyway, the internal diameter is 17mm, so I can test out some bar end and lever guards which fit in there.

I believe the internal diameter of Renthal clip-ons is 16 mm.

The heaviest compatible universal bar ends available are the HVMP ?Heavy? bar ends for ?Rethal, Woodcraft, Rizoma ...?.
These weigh 416 g each.

http://www.hvmp.com/14mmUniversal-s/46.htm

The Oberon ?large? universal bar ends are what I am ordering today.
The weight is 254 g each.

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Motorcycle_Small_Universal_Bar_End_Weights.html

I am currently using a lighter set of universal bar ends (155 g each), with the same metal type fitment to the Oberon?s. This attachment type is very secure, feels akin to the threaded OEM type and even though they aren?t overly heavy, the difference is night and day to the nylon caps typically found on race clip-ons.

One thing to note, is that HVMP are considerably more expensive than Oberon, partly due to shipping costs from the USA.

For what it?s worth, I am loving the Renthal Gen 3 clip-ons for road use, purely because I have the bars in the correct position for me and thus I find them to be far more comfortable.
As we discussed though, you will need to keep the steering bump-stops in order to avoid front fairing clearance issues

Thanks oli. I'll measure up today.
Insterested to see the Oberon's fitted.

- Alex

My pleasure Alex, sorry for the delay in posting on the Thread, I wanted to confirm whether I already had the Oberon?s fitted (they look similar to what I?ve currently got).

I highly suspect they?ll look similar to the attached photo

2b876fa7bade98bfcaa4c20f2f34501f.jpg

You could always try getting some old wheel balancing lead, safely melting it down and moulding it so it will fit in the bar end before you insert the weighted bar ends. 👍🏻

You could always try getting some old wheel balancing lead, safely melting it down and moulding it so it will fit in the bar end before you insert the weighted bar ends. [emoji1303]
I'm doing something similar... but with a different metal. Will post the details when/if successful

- Alex

Latest posts

Back