1000rr mode

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatkat2k55

Reaction score
Hi I?ve just got an 1000rr and every time I start the bike it is in rain mode, is there anything I can do to stop this

Owner's Manual

It is well worth having a read of the Owner's Manual especially if you have never owned an S1000RR before.

Press the ?mode? button repeatedly to cycle through the available modes, then pull/release the clutch lever to select the desired mode.

Though as RyS1000RR says, I would highly recommend looking at the Owner?s Manuel to get aquatinted with the extensive electronic options/settings

It should remember the mode when you do the above. If its not that would suggest it's not retaining data.

Riding Modes

The throttle needs to be closed to change riding modes.

Sounds like the switchgear is buggered.
Pressing mode should cycle through.
I would wd40 the switchgear and try again in the morning

- Alex

I can flick through the modes but it won?t stay on any other than the rain mode. I was told to pull in the clutch but it doesn?t change anything

I can flick through the modes but it won?t stay on any other than the rain mode. I was told to pull in the clutch but it doesn?t change anything
Stationary, in neutral. It should cycle through and allow sport to be selected.

I assume you have the slick plug in too?

Sounds like a dealer job to check it.

@stephen of Grahams loves a bit of switchgear action :)

- Alex

Stationary, in neutral. It should cycle through and allow sport to be selected.

I assume you have the slick plug in too?

Sounds like a dealer job to check it.

@stephen of Grahams loves a bit of switchgear action :)

- Alex

It should change modes whilst riding in any gear as long as the clutch is pulled in to confirm the selection.

It doesnt sound like switchgear if you can cycle through the modes. Needs a diagnostic to find out.

What is the bike history? What have you got?

When I first got the bike, I couldn't get it to change mode, then realised I wasn't fully off the throttle. Takes a couple of seconds to accept the new mode when the throttle is off. I don't touch the clutch.

It sounds like your bike knows how good a rider you are and is selecting the right mode for you 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back