Oil pressure faults

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevsrevs

Reaction score
Hi guys got a fault on the track bike where it?s blowing filters seals when cold, tried 3 filters and new spigot with no success, so dropped the sump and found oil thermostat scored up, so that was the end of my time on track until the bikes back from Spain.
my thoughts are the oil pressure relief valve has stuck closed too.
has anyone ever had a similar fault before? Trying to find the best place to get new thermostat and regulator now, then stick a gauge in her.

Ordered pressure regulator, thermostat and gasket from alpha
just waiting for the bike to come back now

Stripped bike down this evening, found oil pressure regulator piston stuck solid in barrel with really bad scores
had to use hammer and drift to remove it after circlip and spring had been removed, all new parts installed now, oil thermostat and regulator, sump back on and sealant going off before final toque up, then fill the oil up and pressure test to be sure, fingers crossed.
if you have any persistent oil leaks remember this thread

Any pics of your work Nevs ?. I'd like to see where you were in about.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
d650d765-e5c0-43e3-981c-32eaf0edfff4

You should be able to see the pick up pipe that connects to the pressure regulator, all new now with new gaskets, the oil thermostat is behind the pick up

Just hope when I put the gauge in now it’s reading correctly, but always nice to find a faulty part rather than guessing, just glad it was not stuck open

Nothing visible in the barrel or on the piston, apart from a lot of scoring, same as with the thermostat piston?
would of thought they could of Teflon coated it, like other manufacturers

Should be a few more on this link to show how bad both thermostat and regulator had scored up. 5k engine with the best oils and filters but track/race use

Back