Turncoat....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Been putting this off as wasn't sure up to now, some of you know I've traded in for an RSV4 rf. No other reason other than I've had a gen1 and gen3 S1000rr since they first came out and fancied a change. Tried the new Gixxa but the demo bike was a bit of a dog, that aside the RR wasn't cheap and the R was too basic needing too much spent to get it up to track spec. The R1 was getting common with my circle of friends and also expensive to get to track spec.
Always fancied a V4 but up til now reliability had been an issue but with present technology the thought process was that they must be better by now so bought new with warranty just in case and as the rf is 90% track ready, not too much extra expense + it was a bloody good deal.
Had to run it in Jan/Feb in the shitty cold weather, never had such big chicken strips !! 1st proper ride was in Almeria, different is an understatement but 4th day started to feel more comfortable so have decided to stick with it if only for the awesome sound.

Will understand if you want to banish me but would like to stay and keep up/contribute with the '19 BM around the corner....
I promise not to change my avatar :loyal:

Im sure you will not be Banished Keith lol, but if you are then you are always welcome to pop in for an Essex ride out.

Dont ya think the RSV4 is a Plank?

ps ive now got a KTM (SHHH).

Finally...

Cheap repairs on moderator owned track plastics will buy you a pass for a short while... say till '19 ;)

(Also letting them have a go in Portimao or Jerez will help).

Congratulations on the bike keith. We all move around different bikes from time to time, keeps things interesting. Glad you are enjoying the change :).

Was good to meet you in Almeria, you kept me guessing for a while, I must have spoken to every S1000RR rider there, before you messaged me saying you had an Aprilia ;)

Hoping to get back to Almeria later in the season, do you have any plans to go again this year?

Thanks guys.
Plank? Felt like walking the plank first couple of days at Almeria,.... lol . Could never buy one for the road, too small for my 6'2" frame but bearable on track,
just means spending more time in the bar recovering
All repairs gratefully received Alex and you're quite welcome to ride it with the usual 'bend it you mend it' statement :highly_amused:
Mark, was talk about Almeria end of the year but seems there's a lot of controversy over insurance for the moment at that track. Probably Portimao or Jerez, need to sort out soon.

-
Hey Phil. I saw the ride out pics, how you enjoying the GT? I had an RC8R previously, and was completely in love with that LC8 engine. So easy on the road. Surprisingly delicate though...
It is a great Bike, not yet been able to really push it as the temps/roads not up to it but it is fun. My other half enjoys the performance even though we restricted to low revs running in + 5c!! I was lucky to buy one of the cheap ones. Not missing the S1000RR yet lol

I like the RC8, really good looking bike but never ridden one, nearly bought one in 2009 but saw the S1000RR at the Intermot show Cologne and bought mine in March 2010.

Last edited:
...I like the RC8, really good looking bike but never ridden one, nearly bought one in 2009 but saw the S1000RR at the Intermot show Cologne and bought mine in March 2010.
Very pretty bike, IMO. Always got admirers, especially non-bikers. Always needed fettling though, esp. the clutch and valves, which I couldn't do.
Reason I got the RR was rock solid engine, general reliability and dealer experience. Turned me into a speed nut tho.

Back