R b

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bins

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I rode my R S 60 miles today, first time out after my fall from the ladder over 5 months ago, R B.

Hi everyone, I rode my R S 60 miles today, first time out after my fall from the ladder over 5 months ago, R B.

Nice one Rob, you?ve dome more miles than half the forum! Hope the recovery continues ?on track? ;)

- Sent from a magical lightbox

I will be riding atSnetterton on the 8th May, my buddies are trying to get me to Spa end of April and Doc Scholl at the Ring in July, I am still unsteady on my feet, so we will see.

Hi Robert, good to read you are doing well on your recovery. Have you received my email?

Very glad to hear you?re steadily recovering.
I hope you continue to go from strength to strength and have a good year ahead of you on two wheels

I rode the RR a few miles recently, never noticed how I twist my body when approaching a corner, I wear a body brace/corset and feel everything now!

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle Bins, take it easy for a wee while and I hope the recovery continues well.

JimmyMac

Congrats on your recovery. I've had a couple of major accidents over the years and found that getting back in the saddle ASAP (literally on a bike / figuratively with work) under professional supervision worked for me.
I pushed as hard as I was allowed every day and then a teeny bit more to see how it felt.
Good luck.

Thanks everyone, I went to physiotherapy today, had a new chap to deal with, he wants the results from my hospital appointment next Monday, he said "take notice of what they say" I mentioned I would be riding on a training day in May on a bike, he said "only if they say it's O K" I muttered words to the effect "they won't stop me doing it" I did not make it exactly clear it was a motorbike day!!! Anyway, I'll be in Norfolk, they're in Wales.

Thanks everyone, I went to physiotherapy today, had a new chap to deal with, he wants the results from my hospital appointment next Monday, he said "take notice of what they say" I mentioned I would be riding on a training day in May on a bike, he said "only if they say it's O K" I muttered words to the effect "they won't stop me doing it" I did not make it exactly clear it was a motorbike day!!! Anyway, I'll be in Norfolk, they're in Wales.

Haha, well Robert, first of all great news that you are on the up mate must catch up sometime this year when you get back home (?). Your post reminded me of when I broke my shoulder blade and collar bone, I was in agony (nerve damage) for a few weeks and was told not to do anything just sit around. 3 weeks into recovery I got my wife to help me put my leathers and helmet on, I went out on my ZX7R, jeez did that 60 miles hurt but I loved it.

That was the best therapy I could have had!!

Go for it.

Glad you are recovering and are well enough to get back on the bike.
I only did 30 Miles last night and can feel it this morning!

Last edited:
Glad you are recovering and are well enough to get back on the bike. I only did 30 Miles last night and can feel it this morning!
Lol. Me too. I did my 60 mile "wind down" blast recently and fell asleep when I got home watching the telly. Pipe and slippers beckon...

Recovery still going well, away on a Belgian/German trip, been to Spa bikers classic, went to meet German buddies on the Doc Scholl Nurburgring event, did a lap myself on the RS, I need to do either twisty roads to keep my mind off the discomfort or 80 mph to get wind pressure for support!

Back