Desperate for a ride

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Reaction score
Not been on for quite a while as ive been too envious of everyone being on their bikes. For those people that remember me breaking my wrist last april.
Just after the forum meet up in june my wrist broke again at work,
Only bonus was i went to vegas and got a bright pink cast for the occasion and got alot of female attention :)
got an operation booked but after another 8 weeks in cast it felt better than it had in a long time so hospital cancelled my op.
That lasted 2 weeks until it broke again at work. Back on the op waiting list and another 6 weeks in a cast.
Had my op at the end of january, as you can imagine my wrist was shagged by this point so they made the decision to take some of my hip bone to graft in along with a screw.

A fair bit of time off work and alot of pain and im now 2 weeks away from having a pot off so i can finally get back on the road.

All in all ive spent about 6 months in cast, both holidays last year was spent with a pot on and by the time its finally off again it will be nearly exactly a year since i first did it
Fair to say i cant wait especially with the tt coming up, fingers crossed it stays fixed!

Very sorry to hear of your repeated wrist fractures Snow.

Whilst I?ve not had quite the same experience as you, I do know the pain, frustration and often complications that arise from a wrist fracture.

By the sounds of it you?ve had a similar surgery to me. I had a bone graft from my pelvis into my left wrist, which was plated and a ligament repair which was immobilised with a couple K-wires. Whilst it?s certainly a painful surgery, I can honestly say that the results were fantastic after regaining the mobility and strength in my wrist/arm. For me, the pain and instability in my wrist (from a bad previous fracture) no longer affects my riding.

My only recommendation would be, as my surgeon said to me, ?be a patient, patient?. If you do this, I?m sure you?ll have an effective recovery and hopefully a great year of riding ahead.

I wish you all the best for your recovery!

Glad you're near the end of a horrible journey Snow, the right hand side of your todger must be shredded to bits with your cheese grater grip whilst pissing. Lol

Listen to the advice of young Oli, he's a Doctor you know..............

All the best.

JimmyMac

Not been on for quite a while as ive been too envious of everyone being on their bikes. For those people that remember me breaking my wrist last april.
Just after the forum meet up in june my wrist broke again at work,
Only bonus was i went to vegas and got a bright pink cast for the occasion and got alot of female attention :)
got an operation booked but after another 8 weeks in cast it felt better than it had in a long time so hospital cancelled my op.
That lasted 2 weeks until it broke again at work. Back on the op waiting list and another 6 weeks in a cast.
Had my op at the end of january, as you can imagine my wrist was shagged by this point so they made the decision to take some of my hip bone to graft in along with a screw.

A fair bit of time off work and alot of pain and im now 2 weeks away from having a pot off so i can finally get back on the road.

All in all ive spent about 6 months in cast, both holidays last year was spent with a pot on and by the time its finally off again it will be nearly exactly a year since i first did it
Fair to say i cant wait especially with the tt coming up, fingers crossed it stays fixed!
hope you get it sorted bud

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back