Tosser in 5 series cut me up on purpose

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1k

Reaction score
So i was riding to work this afternoon along the a40
average speed cameras limit was 50
Cars were doing about 45ish
I come filtering along doing about 53ish

The 5 series is in the third lane and clocks me, he pulls to the left preventing from passing.
It was so obvious he done it on purpose.
I just thought what a diick
Didn't have much of an option but to sit behind the 5 series and pass the car in the middle

So as we passed the car in the middle i move over into the middle lane (still a fair bit of traffic)
thinking I'll pass by him and carry on

He speeds up and still has the car to the left and prevents me from filtering past the next car

This time it piissed me off
So i went into lane 1 and under took
Got in front of him and slowed down to

he tried to undertake me
Yeah that aint happening
He was the forced to get behind me

He then kept a distance for about 20 or 30 seconds
So i moved over in the middle lane
He thought this was his chance to get ahead of me so he floored it
I moved over back in to the third lane
Then he tries to undertake me
Bitch pls, mans on an s1k.
He ended up sitting behind me again until we got to royal where traffic was heavier and slower
So i filtered ahead

This knobber really got to me, so what if a bike filters pass you
The bike will not make any difference to your car journey
We wont slow you down

Life's too short, I wouldn't give it a second thought, don't let anyone piss you off, that's when you will have an error in judgement.
Do feel sorry for you guys that have to deal with congestion.

JimmyMac

Life's too short, I wouldn't give it a second thought, don't let anyone piss you off, that's when you will have an error in judgement.
Do feel sorry for you guys that have to deal with congestion.

JimmyMac
Is the right answer.

However, sometimes very difficult to keep cool in the heat of the moment especially under provocation. I usually always regret reacting to a road-rage type incident after the event.

It could end in tears. On a bike , tears are the last of your problems.

Last edited:
Some car drivers have a problem with the advantages a bike has with filtering in traffic. If someone deliberately blocks me I think how pathetic their little life must be. Still pisses me off but I do eventually get past and try to give them a friendly wave :).

It's not just bmw drivers... i've owned beemers for a long time and can honestly say, my cars have always had indicators and been considerate of other road users - especially those on 2 wheels!

In the situation you describe, I'm more recently thoughtful of the fact he could just be wanting a bit of fun, so I try to not let it enrage me too much (the theory is easier than the practice.. ) but I always try to ensure I get the upper hand eventually. Childish of me, but if the guy (and more recently, it's women that are being the dicks!) has wound me up and then turns off the road before I've had chance to win the battle of smugness, it really does niggle me for a few miles until i've had chance to hear the howl at the redline ... then I'm ok again.

Ive never had someone block me intentionally like that before.
Ive come across car drivers that are a but wide and blocking my path but they've been like that from a distance

I would have liked to think i wouldnt let it get to me
Like i said, first time he done it i thought dick
But when he did it again i took the bait

But yeah i defo hear that it can end bad for us on 2 wheels

Just remember the reason the guy is acting like a twat is because he has a 2 inch cock and knows his missus is getting serviced better elsewhere whilst he is stuck in his repmobile :).

I always filter if the traffic isn't doing the speed limit - rightly or wrongly .. I know the dangers about cagers not expecting anything to be filtering at anything other than a stop/crawl, but I genuinely cba to hang about in slow(er) moving traffic caused (usually) by the very people I'm trying to get past.

Gotta say, since getting my 1st RR I've really started to hate driving in cars/vans and rarely go anywhere except under duress if I'm not on the bike.

The 5 series is in the third lane and clocks me, he pulls to the left preventing from passing.
Didn't have much of an option but to sit behind the 5 series and pass the car in the middle

So as we passed the car in the middle i move over into the middle lane (still a fair bit of traffic)

He speeds up and still has the car to the left and prevents me from filtering past the next car

he tried to undertake me
Yeah that aint happening

He ended up sitting behind me again until we got to royal where traffic was heavier and slower
So i filtered ahead

We wont slow you down
see if that was me bud I would of had his mirror in the trophy cabinet in the man cave.....FACT

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

he tried to undertake me
Yeah that aint happening

So i filtered ahead

We wont slow you down

His a knob, but a dangerous knob. Don?t get drawn in to targeting him as it will take all your attention and put you at risk of making a mistake or missing something.

If it winds you up that much tuck in behind him and follow him. It?ll start to worry him and if he stops you can then personally explain to him his knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back