Bike not turning off

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked mine up today. Took 'em 2 weeks to get the part in and fix it, FFS (luckily the weather has been shite so wasn't missed).
Felix, suggest you tell your garage to get the requisite part express delivered from German-land.

I'm booked in for Friday for a service already, Phoned up 1 hour ago saying the issue and they said 7 days but could be sooner so fingers crossed!!

Bike is somehow working again switching on and off.... Still will get replaced though.

It was me with the issue with the bike not turning off - I did have a youtube vid of it somewhere.. Was proper weird.

BMW took the bike for a week or so (they picked it up and dropped it off again) as they had to wait for things to be delivered from Germany. Coding various parts to other things was needed (so I'm told). Was all fairly painless on my side, except being without a bike for the duration - I should have asked them to drop me a loaner off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kVbdEpIzk
Hi Freudy. Got the bike back with the problem fixed, but the key now very stiff. Did your key feel any different? I'm concerned that if it gets harder to turn, it'll start causing (other) problems.
-
@felix. You got yours back yet?
H

Last edited:
Hi Freudy. Got the bike back with the problem fixed, but the key now very stiff. Did your key feel any different? I'm concerned that if it gets harder to turn, it'll start causing (other) problems.
-
@felix. You got yours back yet?
H

No mate, I had zero issues with mine when it came back - the key worked as I would have expected it to. I do always lube up my key when i get a new <something> early on just in case - maybe a bit of graphite or perhaps something slippy but non conductive might be better? Stephens the man for better advice than me though.

Glad you've got it back in time to see the sunshine! (Btw, you should have seen the police out around here yesterday - I reckon every copper in the country was patrolling the roads on my doorstep! .. be careful :) )

Back