Just splashed out on some new front brake pads ?22.78 for a bike set

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toan the Moan

Reaction score
Well, some cheap ones https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goldfren...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 ?22.78 I know there are those who'll be thinking Brembo only but I have used these for a couple of years now and find they are absulutley great. I have used them on the road and extensively on track and am extremely pleased with them they last well stop well are quiet and friendly on the discs. So for those of us on a lower bike fund due to either our income or our wives, I can highly recommend these and currently, there is 10% off too

I've got them in my 2011 and not had any issues, great value I'd say.

Good price...boy I run about with swears buy them on his 10R...the relevant parts for mine are half the price of my SBS pads... which I've not really been that happy with (I'm on my 2nd set on my HP)

I really feel I could use better stopping power and dont want to blow a ton on Brembos to find their no better than my SBS. Might give these a try...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You won't be disappointed Stuart, I have them in all my bikes road and track. I've done 4 track days so far on this set and they look as though they'll do another four. Just serviced the old Brembo callipers strip clean and reseal ?66 for some rubber 'O' rings! Seems to have stopped my brake drag

You won't be disappointed Stuart, I have them in all my bikes road and track. I've done 4 track days so far on this set and they look as though they'll do another four. Just serviced the old Brembo callipers strip clean and reseal ?66 for some rubber 'O' rings! Seems to have stopped my brake drag
What about these... can't see the Ceramic Carbon ones...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/142571596849

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They even make wheels, brake discs, callipers and brake linings for aircraft didn't realise that. Serious quality company by the looks of it

Just bought an axle set for ?35.00 ... sorry .... EDIT: ?32.00.... great price... can GREAT pads REALLY be this inexpensive !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goldfren...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Being Scottish you'll appretiate that price lol. I couldn't find any for yours in the cheaper s33 race compound only the more expensive gp5. Never tried the gp5 as I have always been more than happy with the stopping power of my ?22.78 s33 compound. Mine arrived today, fast free next day delivery too from my ebay supplier.

Cheapness on brakes...on a Superbike...I appreciate sometimes you're paying for a brand with someone like Brembo, but you're also paying for leading R&D. Now some company could reverse engineer a pad and then sell copies for a lot less money. But there are limits.

Hi Toan, roughly how many miles per set? I'd be willing to give these a punt [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
The set in my old gsxr 1000 did 3 k miles but that was including 6 track days, they weren't worn out they just looked as though they'd been a bit hot unsurprisingly. They were ?26 when I bought them but at that sort of money I just fitted some new ones, the goldfren 33 race are the best I've used so far both road and track. They were better than the OE brembo's but that's not a fair comparison as they were 3/4 worn when I got the BM.

Cheapness on brakes...on a Superbike...I appreciate sometimes you're paying for a brand with someone like Brembo, but you're also paying for leading R&D. Now some company could reverse engineer a pad and then sell copies for a lot less money. But there are limits.
They are on offer with 40% off that's all. The Goldfrens are certainly a major player in the development of brake friction materials, no idea about Viper though but there don't seem to be any bad reports and they certainly aren't Chinese ebay crap even though they are cheaper lol

They are on offer with 40% off that's all. The Goldfrens are certainly a major player in the development of brake friction materials, no idea about Viper though but there don't seem to be any bad reports and they certainly aren't Chinese ebay crap even though they are cheaper lol
I bought my viper pads from Demon Tweeks, I'm sure if they weren't of merchantable quality they wouldn't be a supplier to such a prestigious name in motor sport as Demom Tweeks

Currently on offer there too it appears https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/bike/bmw/2010/s1000rr-2?p=0&w=10&c=3&o=1&f=399,
I see Viper make stainless steel brake discs for the S1000rr too currently also on offer with a hefty discount
https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/brake-discs/bike/bmw/2010/s1000rr

Those goldfrens I bought are on their way.. I'll slot them in and let you know. I actually called the guy off ebay I bought them from..he's a trader with 300k plus trades.. he appeared very knowledgeable... he's got a Duc, R1M and a 600 something and does piles of trackdays.. says the Goldfrens I bought are spot on.. great feel, superb progressive stopping power... just don't get the impression he was bullshitting.

Anyhow if their pish I'll bin them, if I end up ?32.00 down i can live with it... worth a try I'd say.

Bought some Goldfren 177 gp5 Ducati/Aprilia pads for the BM, just back from Oulton excellent braking under dry and wet conditions and the afternoon was a little wet to say the least. ?35 for both front callipers from M&P

Those goldfrens I bought are on their way.. I'll slot them in and let you know. I actually called the guy off ebay I bought them from..he's a trader with 300k plus trades.. he appeared very knowledgeable... he's got a Duc, R1M and a 600 something and does piles of trackdays.. says the Goldfrens I bought are spot on.. great feel, superb progressive stopping power... just don't get the impression he was bullshitting.

Anyhow if their pish I'll bin them, if I end up ?32.00 down i can live with it... worth a try I'd say.
How did you get on with goldfren GP5 pads Stuart

Back