Just splashed out on some new front brake pads ?22.78 for a bike set

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked some of these up "Goldfren S33", will give them a go as we are doing a John O Groats to lands end at the beginning of August, will let you know the results!

Just picked some of these up "Goldfren S33", will give them a go as we are doing a John O Groats to lands end at the beginning of August, will let you know the results!
Where di you get them from please seems they are out of stock everywhere for the pre 2015's

to me they are probably safety approved pads but if you think ?23 is that for 2 pairs they probably cost about ?10 tops to make I wouldnt be using them, after all your on a high performance bike and you want 100% ability to stop as well as go, ive seen other sets not brembos about the ?80 mark, i would choose them,

True but it?s always worth a go, like others have said, if they are crap you just bin them, you?ll get a sense of what they can do within a few miles and if it?s not up to scratch you replace them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to me they are probably safety approved pads but if you think ?23 is that for 2 pairs they probably cost about ?10 tops to make I wouldnt be using them, after all your on a high performance bike and you want 100% ability to stop as well as go, ive seen other sets not brembos about the ?80 mark, i would choose them,
We've had a big chat on this subject,

I'm also of the opinion if their shit change them..I doubt ?100.00 quid Brembos cost any more than a tenner to make either.. Goldfren are no Mickey Mouse operation, they make all sorts from Aircraft brakes to Trucks and Race Bikes. I would say to pass aircraft regs you must have a pretty decent product.

Brembo are a market leader and no doubt are cutting edge with regard to R and D, but theres always a gap for smaller less visible competitors.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i have used the s33 on my r1 for a few years, great pad for the price. its what i will be putting on the beemer.

Been following this thread. Do these pads have a shelf life? As 30quid a set id buy some to have sitting there. Also are the good for mainly road/but some trackdays?

Back