18k Service Next Month

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
525.00.... happy to pay that for pick up and drop off.

Dundee isn't easy to get to for me Jimmy.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good deal that Stuart for the convenience.

Plus you don't have the Dundee language barrier to contend with, lol.

JimmyMac

Sometimes it pays to be a charmer/chancer, lol.

57c7f64ef476968294cbc955ff85ee2a.jpg

0dd8d5b847ad926ce4bfff50a218ebd6.jpg

JimmyMac

At that price even I?d consider taking it to the dealers! I hate doing the fork oil change!

Doubt I?ll ever get 18k on mine anyway :)

Fork/shock oil should be change bi-annually.
Track bikes much more frequently.
- Alex

Must admit that I've never paid much attention to what gets done in regular dealer services, do they change the fork oil before the 18k service? Does the rear shock ever get attention?

Must admit that I've never paid much attention to what gets done in regular dealer services, do they change the fork oil before the 18k service? Does the rear shock ever get attention?

If you follow the bmw schedule the only thing that is done annually is the engine oil 6k or annually.

The brake fluid is every other year.

Fork oil is at 30km

The rear shock is a sealed unit so no? Unless it fails I guess.

Brakes are just inspected for pad and disk wear, I don?t believe the calipers are ever serviced? Maybe with a pad change.

I messaged Bahnstormer about the Forks and they said "We take off the forks and remove the tops and innards. The fork isn't split."

That?s exactly how it?s described in the manual, the spring/cartridge is removed and the fork drained. The stanchion isn?t removed from the fork leg, no need unless the seal has failed

Seems a bit lazy, they should rebuild with new seals IMO.

I know what you mean but you could argue either way really, if it?s not broke don?t fix it? It?s not a service item

I?ve had new seals fail almost instantly in the past which is a pain in the ass.

So the bike is in today....

Gave her away to a stranger
image1.jpeg

and was given this

image2.jpeg

I booked the day off, however, the weather is absolute pants.... so cancelled my day off so just rode it home..... I miss the quickshifer thats for sure :) But still quite fun.

My bike went in last week. Luckily before I rode of on collection I noticed a crack in the Speedo screen....bummer. it's now being pick up on Monday for a new Speedo, free of course.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Ended up in Vines in Guildford in the end, they could fit me in... the rise in temperature saw an influx of bikers wanting services done and Bahnstormer did not have space for a full day until later on next month :-(

FYI just had 57k service at Chandlers Brighton.

good lads

engine oil / filter / spark plugs / valve clearance check & cam chain check etc.+ small electrical gremlin fix.= ?500

still haven't bothered with a fork oil change... seem fine to me and doesn't effect my ride..would do it if i noticed any sloppiness, which i dont. i'd rather spend the cash on tyres ! which i seem to eat

should see 60k by end of May, Off to Le Mans GP on the old dog.

safe riding all!

FYI just had 57k service at Chandlers Brighton.

good lads

engine oil / filter / spark plugs / valve clearance check & cam chain check etc.+ small electrical gremlin fix.= ?500

still haven't bothered with a fork oil change... seem fine to me and doesn't effect my ride..would do it if i noticed any sloppiness, which i dont. i'd rather spend the cash on tyres ! which i seem to eat

should see 60k by end of May, Off to Le Mans GP on the old dog.

safe riding all!
Very encouraging Steady. OOI, did you negotiate with them? I've found it rather hard going to knock their price down, maybe I'm not trying hard enough...

Very encouraging Steady. OOI, did you negotiate with them? I've found it rather hard going to knock their price down, maybe I'm not trying hard enough...

I called them when doing the rounds - they would not budge... However Steady did not do the fork oil change, hence price difference...?

Back