My PhD

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oli

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As some of you may know I?ve been working on a PhD in Biochemistry for the past 4 + years. Today was a big day for me as I had my ?Viva voce? at 10 am this morning.
The Viva is essentially the oral examination of the Thesis, this is conducted with 2x Professors, senior academics who have their own research groups and covers the content of the Thesis and the wider field.

My Viva lasted 3.5 hours and was solid questioning/defence of the Thesis. Am absolutely knackered and hope to never do one again lol.

So, I?ve officially passed my PhD with only minor Thesis corrections, for which I?ve been allowed 3 months to make the necessary amendments.

Following from the corrections, my Thesis will be formally bound and Graduation will take place in July, so shall update the thread with photos in due course.

Anyway, just thought I?d let you all know why I?ve been a tad less active then usual lately lol.

Cheers,

Oli

P.S. Finally I can have my ?Doc D? patches stitched on my leathers lol ...

Last edited:
Thanks Jimmy, am absolutely knackered lol.
Have got a lovely glass of scotch and a cigar going at the moment to unwind

If it helps you unwind Oli, I'm just out the shower and still slippy, lol. Just noticed my hair is now way passed my nipple, yes singular!!!!!!!!

Don't choke on the Scotch.

JimmyMac

Congratulations Oli - I hope those 3 "moths" are kind to you :)

Jimmy mate.. there are somethings that should allowed into the wild, and that image is one of them - I now need to invent an 'un-reading' machine.

Congrats Oli, what an achievement.
Really happpy for you and all the best for the future.

Is this you Oli?

86be7038158f001e69b5820037aaa061.jpg

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your kind words, it truly means a lot to me ...
I always think threads like these highlight how awesome the community is on this forum, there?s always so much support, it?s amazing!

Now @JimmyMac ... Whilst I greatly appreciate you trying to help me unwind, I?m afraid I have to agree with @FreudianSlip in that some things are best not shared lol ... I have the image of a plus sized Tarzan taking a soapy shower lol [emoji23]
Now if it were a young Kylie taking a soapy shower that would be another thing entirely lol [emoji6]

Congrats Oli, great achievement that. I’m sure it was worth all the hard work/late nights/lost weekends!

Enjoy the scotch!

Awesome congratulations Oli, very happy for you smarty pants

Well done Oli!

You must be so proud! Congratulations on your completion on such a commendable subject,as you explained to me a while ago.

You deserve a prosperous and rewarding career which I am sure you?ll have.

Well done mate!
Bell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back