Holy good ****

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephens1000rr

Reaction score
IMG_0413.JPG

So first service done and what the absolute **** the thing is mental!!!

Question.....

Has anyone use launch control?

Is it a case you just pop the clutch out or feather the clutch out? And obviously any tips would be greatly appreciate as I don?t want to flip :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So first service done and what the absolute **** the thing is mental!!!

Question.....

Has anyone use launch control?

Is it a case you just pop the clutch out or feather the clutch out? And obviously any tips would be greatly appreciate as I don?t want to flip :p

It doesn't control the clutch, just the revs. So yes control the clutch.

Last edited:
Launch Control

It?s simple to use once you have activated Launch Control on the dash. Hold the throttle until the revs reach the LC limit and then release the clutch. As soon as you have released the clutch open the throttle fully. How quickly you release the clutch, and open the throttle completely, will depend entirely on your level of skill and/or bravery. The bike will only let you use LC three times in a row to allow the clutch to cool.

Launch Control

If you need any further information regarding Launch Control read pp 126-128 of the Owner's Manual.

Stephen I also need to try mine out as haven’t used it yet! Let me know how you get on

Dundrod circuit on on a quiet morning is probably where I’ll be heading lol

Any large car park on a Sunday should be empty enough to practice safely . It really is straight forward to use and fail safe

I think it?s just fear of the unknown for me lol, I?ve still to discover just how far the front wheel lifts in each mode etc.

The dundrod circuit is just a public road when not being used as the Ulster GP circuit. Good long straights, usually quiet, plus if I?m only launching it and getting up to 60mph, there?s nothing illegal going on :angel:

Last edited:
Stephen I also need to try mine out as haven?t used it yet! Let me know how you get on

Dundrod circuit on on a quiet morning is probably where I?ll be heading lol

As you said mate it?s the fear off the unknown hahaha, but I?ll give it a Wack!!.

Yeah dundrod is a good one too use especially that big straight up the hill after the flying kilo lol.

When I got the bike serviced it was raining on the way home so only open it up a wee bit , I?m off here this week, so I?ll get a day we?re I?ll get out and hopefully get it the beans lol!

As you said mate it’s the fear off the unknown hahaha, but I’ll give it a Wack!!.

Yeah dundrod is a good one too use especially that big straight up the hill after the flying kilo lol.

When I got the bike serviced it was raining on the way home so only open it up a wee bit , I’m off here this week, so I’ll get a day we’re I’ll get out and hopefully get it the beans lol!

Also off all week and about to head out here now to Newcastle. Its to rain later this week, but hopefully good for Sunday as may go on that Easter egg run as there’s a few good raffle prizes that I want to win lol

Also off all week and about to head out here now to Newcastle. Its to rain later this week, but hopefully good for Sunday as may go on that Easter egg run as there?s a few good raffle prizes that I want to win lol

Gav have to got Facebook or anything we could arrange a wee meet up sometime. I?m off this week too! (On the sick wink wink) lol

Latest posts

Back