Akra GP Slip on versus SC project CR-T

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beefxd

Reaction score
Hi, I'm like a month away from picking up my new s1krr -17. I was gonna order sc project cr-t, but turns out dealer has akra gp slip on to offer me.

I think akra would be better for future, easier to find full pipe when I want it. For now its probably little bit cheaper aswell. But akra isnt "street legal" in Finland, too much db, all tho its not issue for me.

Sc would be "legal" and in my eyes just little bit nicer looker for the bike.

What you guys think, know some pros and cons from either ones?
bmw_s1000rr_2017_scarico_cr_t_crt_scproject__scproject.jpeg

akrapovic_gp_slip_on_exhaust_bmws1000_rr2017_750x750.jpg

Almost certain you can't get a full system for a slip on can. So it'll just be a purchase and then unasable once you buy a full system.

Personally I'd go for akra

Cal sport is showing stainless headers fit the twin inlet pipe moto gp lookalike stubbie.

+1 I think the SC looks better and if it?s legal in Finland that?s an important factor IMO.

If you did want to convert to a full system in future, I believe the Akrapovic headers are compatible with the SC slip-on.
Please do your research on this though as I am not 100 % sure on the compatibility.
Also bear in mind that having a short ?GP? silencer will make for a particularly loud full system.

https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/20088?brandId=44&modelId=377&yearId=4826

Last edited:
Akrapovič

Akrapovič don?t design their systems to be compatible with other exhaust brands. When fitting either slip-on to the OEM exhaust it?s worth noting that the SC exhaust just bolts on directly to the catalytic collector box. The Akrapovič GP slip-on connects to the same point as well except it has a mounting bracket which secures it to either the pillion footrest or optional carbon fibre exhaust bracket. This becomes important when you look at the fitting instructions for the Akrapovič headers.

Whilst it?s more than likely that the SC pipe work would slot onto the Akrapovič headers, as the connecting pipes are the same diameter, you would have mounting issues. The only point where the Akrapovič headers are actually bolted onto the bike is at the engine cylinder heads and that?s it. The Akrapovič GP slip-on then connects to the headers and the ?system? is then held in place when you mount the exhaust to the pillion footrest, or carbon fibre bracket, giving two points of contact. If you wanted to fit the SC slip-on using the Akrapovič headers you would have to modify it to create a fixing point and then fabricate some form of mounting bracket to secure the whole thing.

In short if you want the option to fit a full system in the future then the best choice would be to buy the Akrapovič GP slip-on. If you only want a slip-on exhaust and nothing more, then buy whichever one you prefer aesthetically.

Back