Removing LED indicator lens

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M12NTE

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all

Can someone let me know how to remove the lens case on the led indicator please.

In the process of fitting my evotech tail tidy.

Many thanks

Mark

The led lense case is a sealed unit. You should not ever need to open it.

The indicators unplug under the rear pillion seat/cowl.

As Soof says its sealed but to remove the whole thing undo and remove the indicator bolt and rotate the stalk 90 degrees and it should pull out bringing the cable out through the bolt hole.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Echoing what the boys have said.

I fitted the evotech to my bike. Under the passenger seat is the rear plate light and indicator connector. Unplug that and feed it through the hole once you've unbolted the three fasteners holding the stock plate holder to the rear fairing. The plate light is held on by two fasteners and needs to be transferred to the tail tidy. Simple enough. The indicators have a fastener each to remove then you can remove them from their seats and reseat them in the evotech.

Thanks guys.

All sorted thanks. The instructions showed the older style indicators where the lens appears to be held on by a single screw.

As you said, undid the plugs and plugged the whole lot through.

Looks so much better 👍🏻

Many thanks

Mark

So obvious when you realise the instructions are a red herring! I think they must be for an earlier year as mine is for 2010 on and my bike is 2016.
Thanks folks.. All sorted now.

Last edited:
Tend to agree, the quality of Evotech kit is very good but the instructions aren't great, best to look up a you tube video of the job if you're not sure what to do

Ditto on quality. The alloy is top notch and tail tidy a very neat design. Instructions get a 6 out of 10!.... But it's not rocket science either.

Last edited:
I've an Evotech TT superbly manufactured..superior in every way to an R and G. Worth noting my R and G fell apart last year hence the Evotech.

I contacted them directly, they had none in stock...so they made me one and mailed it the next day..hows that for service !.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Echoing what the boys have said.

I fitted the evotech to my bike. Under the passenger seat is the rear plate light and indicator connector. Unplug that and feed it through the hole once you've unbolted the three fasteners holding the stock plate holder to the rear fairing. The plate light is held on by two fasteners and needs to be transferred to the tail tidy. Simple enough. The indicators have a fastener each to remove then you can remove them from their seats and reseat them in the evotech.

Hi Gazibaldi would be possible to have pic of the oem licence plate lamp fitted to evotech tail tidy as I was looking at this “briefly” I must say and it looked like the hole on the licence plate light fixing were further apart than the holes on the allocated evotech tail. Thanks

Sorry to have barged in on this thread but I am interested as on the weekend I installed the a evotech radiator and cooler guards along with so GB Racing covers and the only item I have left to fit is the tailtidy, but as mentioned previously the instruction were not clear and I did not want to cut the harness to install the new licence plate lamp instead I was hoping to be able to reuse the oem licence plate lamp and holder fitted to the evotech tailtidy. If this not possible would it be possible to know the Tyco connector number to be able to get a new one and connecting directly to the bike harness like to the oem licence plate. Thanks

Hi Gazibaldi would be possible to have pic of the oem licence plate lamp fitted to evotech tail tidy as I was looking at this ?briefly? I must say and it looked like the hole on the licence plate light fixing were further apart than the holes on the allocated evotech tail. Thanks

Apologies for the shitty quality. This is about the best pic I've got at hand (I'm at work). I can add a underside shot if this isn't enough.

https://imgur.com/a/i9sidFV

i9sidFV

i9sidFV

Thank you for the pic Gazibaldi I will be fitting my evotech tailtidy today so can post some pics,but I am a little confused as I have also spoken to evotech directly and was told that it’s not possible to fit the oem licence plate light to the evotech tailtidy. Anyway today will attempt to assemble this and will see how it goes.

Thank you for the pic Gazibaldi I will be fitting my evotech tailtidy today so can post some pics,but I am a little confused as I have also spoken to evotech directly and was told that it?s not possible to fit the oem licence plate light to the evotech tailtidy. Anyway today will attempt to assemble this and will see how it goes.

I took a look at some images of the tailtidy and mine appears different. It's definitely down on the invoice as a evotech tailtidy, but maybe they changed the design?? Mine didn't even come with a light holder. It was basically just a new small lightweight frame to bolt all the existing components to. Anyways, good luck with it :encouragement:

Back