Race Fairings and 1 man operation

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t1s1f

Reaction score
Hi forum,

Over the last couple of weeks I've been doing a lot of research regarding the purchase of a full fairing race kit. This forum has been extremely helpful, so a thank you to all who share information here.

What I'm currently considering, is buying a full kit from CRC. I LOVE their support and they have always been patient and willing to help with all my questions. They also sell, to me, the "easiest" kit. Contrary to Alpha, which I consider very pricey, their kit already comes with all parts. With Alpha, after paying 1000+ for the fairings, I still have to pay 100+ for the bolts and 150+ for the shipping (while CRC ships to Portugal in less than 50).

The "problem" that I have right now is that CRC fairings require me to remove the kickstand. As someone who will be putting the bike in the trailer by himself, the kickstand is of great help. Also very useful around the garage in the circuit so I don't have to carry to read wheel stand with me all the time.

Has anyone ran CRC fairings and was able to keep the stand? Any hints to a manufacturer that sells fairings and allows for the kickstand to stay in place? I feel pretty happy with CRC, so I would prefer a way that could make me use their products WHILE keeping the kickstand in.

Thank you!

No experience with crc myself. I can see you are not a fan, but if they may be of interest I have a set of used alpha track fairings for the gen 2 available. If so please PM me.

No experience with crc myself. I can see you are not a fan, but if they may be of interest I have a set of used alpha track fairings for the gen 2 available. If so please PM me.

I actually think they're very good, it was just my experience with sales that made me look somewhere else. It was, at least to me, quiet hard to understand all the parts I needed for a full race kit.

Alpha require removal of the side stand. I just cut the belly pan to allow me to fit it back on.

I thought CRC didn?t need the side stand removed...will check when at a PC.

There are high quality Alpha-esq fairings out there. My second hand kit is half Alpha half profibre.

I recommend 2nd hand for a first kit as they often come with all the fittings.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

I have CRC fairings on my gen 1 I cut a slot in the fairing to allow the kickstand to be used it was a bit fiddly but not rocket science

I asked their sales dept and they said I needed to remove it. Since you've both done it, I actually feel better about that idea :) I thought I was the only one stressing with the idea of NOT having the sidekick. I did order that race stand I posted before though.

Race Fairings

For most race fairings it only takes a small modification to the bellypan to allow you to retain the use of the sidestand.

Minor thread revival.
I'm looking to spray my bike all black as an experiment. I'd like to be ale to get it back to stock one day though and need to use it on the road so need lights and side stand.
What would you guys recommend as the cheapest solution? Tank is obviously not easy...
Here she is at the mo.
-
Photo 25-02-2018, 15 25 33(2).jpg

Last edited:
i used matt pack on my 675, sprays on easy, requires 5 coats so it peels off easy enough, around 6 quid a can, you do require the right clear coat otherwise any petrol just washes it away.
cost me around 60 notes for dip, 30 on clear and an afternoon labour. found it a lot quicker spraying a coat on then using hair dryer instead of waiting 15/20 mins between coats.
Mut

https://www.matt-pack.co.uk/

i used matt pack on my 675, sprays on easy, requires 5 coats so it peels off easy enough, around 6 quid a can, you do require the right clear coat otherwise any petrol just washes it away.
cost me around 60 notes for dip, 30 on clear and an afternoon labour. found it a lot quicker spraying a coat on then using hair dryer instead of waiting 15/20 mins between coats.
Mut https://www.matt-pack.co.uk/
Thanks Mut, really useful info.
Where abouts in Berkshire are you? My Mum lives in Newbury and one of my favourite roads is the A339 to Alton.

Back