Garage 'kup

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon Gents,
Just had the rear tyre changed again! (got 150 miles out of the last one).
Coming out of the BMW garage it felt underpowered, freewheeling was slow and back home it was hard to push around.
Checked the rear brake and the brake pad is permanently touching the disk.
My days as a cyclist tell me this should be easy to fix, but I have always got (what I thought were) professionals to work on my bike so haven't done this before.
How best to adjust?
Cheers, Hugh
ps. My new rearsets have an eccentrically adjusted stop for the rear brake, but this hasn't moved.

Last edited:
Afternoon Gents,
Just had the rear tyre changed again! (got 150 miles out of the last one).
Coming out of the BMW garage it felt underpowered, freewheeling was slow and back home it was hard to push around.
Checked the rear brake and the brake pad is permanently touching the disk.
My days as a cyclist tell me this should be easy to fix, but I have always got (what I thought were) professionals to work on my bike so haven't done this before.
How best to adjust?
Cheers, Hugh
ps. My new rearsets have an eccentrically adjusted stop for the rear brake, but this hasn't moved.
Well 150 miles from a rear tyre is awesome 'progress', you should have kept quiet about that puncture! But, I always thought that the rear brake was shite, it's probably covered in salt and road grime so the piston needs a good scrub to stop it sticking. Tbh i rarely use it, but as the brakes are linked you'll need to sort it. Good on you for getting it dirty, i've done around 100 miles in the last 3 months.....
That rear caliper (despite the huge B logo) looks like something from the front of a 1970's 2 stroke. Hopefully it's servicable and better than it looks. Good luck!

Huge, the first thing I would check is the eccentric adjuster on the rearset. I appreciate that it has not been touched, but the rear wheel has been removed and refitted and this could have knocked it out. Regardless, whoever fitted the tyre should have checked rear brake function. Not doing this is negligent. I would be on with the dealer first thing tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back