Newby, weighing up options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floridaregular

Reaction score
As the title, last bike was an MV F4 1000r. Wrote it off so looking for a replacement.
id like another F4 or an 1199,they give the visual impact I love but,,,,,,,,does the S10000rr do everything better

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yes lol ... [emoji6]

Sorry to hear your MV was written off, hope you did not sustain any injuries and/or are fully recovered?

An F4, an 1199 and an S1000RR are three totally different bikes. I would suggest first considering whether you really want a V-twin or an i4 and go from there.
In my opinion, the dilemma is the classic ?Porsche vs Ferrari? debate.
If you haven?t already test ridden an 1199 and an RR, that would be my first recommendation.

For what it?s worth, my 15 Gen 3 RR has been the best bike I?ve owned by a country mile. They really are stunning bikes to ride and the ownership is experience is generally excellent (good dealership experiences, robust warranty, good reliability, amazing forum etc [emoji6]).

Best of luck with your dilemma, enjoy the forum and hopefully you?ll be on an RR in the not too distant future [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks for that Oli, bike wasn't to bad but given the cost of MV bits and pieces it was a Cat D. i was ten it just flipped on me pulling away from a roundabout, I had it in a false neutral and kicking it into 1st at 9000 rpm wasn't the brightest thing to do. haha
I haven't been on any of the others so maybe soothing to plan when the weather improves
Andy

Ride everything, but yes the RR is most people?s favourite road bike.

Welcome enjoy the search. Soofsayers HP4C would be a way to have a special bike and an RR...

- Sent from a magical lightbox

ive got a rr that I use on track and an 1199 I use on the road. it all depends on what you like. the rr is brilliant but if I had to choose just one it would be the ducati

Back