Thread: de catting a 2013 s1krr, will that invalidate warranty or cause bike problems

de catting a 2013 s1krr, will that invalidate warranty or cause bike problems

Hi people, can i trouble you guys for some advice please

I want my bike to sound louder, i have changed the end can but its still to quite for my liking
    I am thinking about maybe de catting the bike but that means having the headers cut out etc.

If i were to de cat the bike, will that cause any problems to the bike
    I'm worried that it will invalidate my warranty with BMW

thanks in advance
    fiz

Decat

Do it properly and just fit a full exhaust system. Decating a bike is simply false economy especially when the OEM exhaust system is very good albeit heavy.

Re: Decat

Quote Originally Posted by RyS1000RR View Post
    Do it properly and just fit a full exhaust system. Decating a bike is simply false economy especially when the OEM exhaust system is very good albeit heavy.
    How much difference does the headers make bud?. I changed 3/4 of my system.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Re: de catting a 2013 s1krr, will that invalidate warranty or cause bike problems

+1 on what Ryan says, if you wish to decat your bike I would recommend fitting a full system and fuel module.

Re warranty, exhausts and/or fuel modules do not make any permanent changes to the bike and so do not invalidate the warranty. In the unlikely event of a major engine warranty claim the bike could be returned to stock

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Re: de catting a 2013 s1krr, will that invalidate warranty or cause bike problems

Its easier to buy a full system so you can keep the oem system in one piece, stored to put back on when it comes to selling the bike.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Riding
    '15 S1000RR

I did decat my 15 for an austin racing GP1RR exhaust. I do not recommend you do it as when it was dyno'd I had 179bhp @ rear wheel....
    Swapped out for an akra conical system and now have 190+
    Difference it made was unbelievable. If you want noise just decat but if you actually want noise + power get a full system