Thread: Tail tidy/integrated rear light

Riding
    S1000RR, 2011

Tail tidy/integrated rear light

Hi. Iím want to put my bike back to standard by removing the integrated rear light/indicators and tail tidy. Anyone have any ideas where to start with the electrics? The wires have been spliced into the loom as far as I can see and disappear under a load of tape. Any suggestions where to look to reconnect the indicators would be a help. I have the original parts. Cheers.

Riding
    HP4 Carbon Pink

Re: Tail tidy/integrated rear light

As you look down Ito the cowl from above the indicators plugged into a socket on the rhs of the bike, I done mine when I got it, someone will be along shortly who can post a photo of an in modified one for you.

JimmyMac

Yeah as Jimmy said, there should be a 4 pin plug on the right hand side with all the wires for the rear lights coming from that. The indicators are one yellow and one blue wire on the Gen 3, though may be different on earlier models.

Riding
    S1000RR, 2011

Thanks. I need to take the tape off and have a proper poke around in there. Job for the weekend I think. Itís got a current mot but failed on the rear light once with Ďa light that interferes with the operation of anotherí and I donít want that to happen!

Riding
    S1000RR, 2011

Photo

Would someone be so kind as to post a photo of the original connections under the pillion seat for the indicators and number plate light please? Just need to see whatís what to get the original stuff back on. Thanks.