S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanR88

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, names Dan.

Currently on the look out to purchase my first s1000rr. Always had a love for the bikes since they came out and after taking one for a test ride at the end of the last year, the want became a desire and I am now actively looking!

Had an Aprilia RSV mills previously which couldn't be much more different to the s1000, but I am so excited to get back on board and get to grips with a proper bike!

Going to spend the next few weeks reading reading and more reading to get myself up to speed with everything I need to know from this forum and hopefully it will serve me well now and in the future!

Thanks

Welcome aboard Dan.
We have a few ex Mille guys on here, who are enjoying the step up, you won?t be disappointed when you do.

Whats your budget if you don?t mind me asking?

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Currently have a budget of ?8k, however willing to stretch that to 10 as ideally I want a Gen 2 model in motorsports colours!

There's plenty around in the black, but when I'm spending hefty amount of money, it's got to be what I REALLY want, so holding out for the motorsports livery...

Thanks Jay, based in mid suffolk!

Looking through eBay, there's a lot of 'replica' fairings, obviously all made in China - anyone ever had experience with these in terms of poor fitment or quality? There may even be a supplier on here, haven't had chance to have a full look around yet

Sbkmotoworks panels were fitted to my ?12 and were great on fit. Any design you could send them they did.

65ca0bb0221458d6b1809f4217472e31.jpg

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Welcome to the forum Dan!

Best of luck with your search, I hope you find your ideal bike soon. +1 on what Jay says re early Gen 3, if your budget can stretch to say a 15 model that would be my recommendation.
Aftermarket fairings are certainly something to keep in mind, though make sure to inform the insurance company of any colour changes.

You?ve certainly come to the right place to find out more about S1000RR?s, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully you?ll have many happy miles ahead of you onboard an RR very soon [emoji4]

Oli

Best wishes for the bike search you won't regret getting one. I had a 2003 RSV-R and as you already know having had a test ride the S1000RRs are a a big step forwards. Way way quicker and easier to ride. I have a Get 3 and absolutely love it. The QS and blipper are top fun and the overall build quality, look and feel of everything is gorgeous. The only downside for me was the insurance for an RR was a fair bit ore than the RSV

Hi guys, names Dan.

Currently on the look out to purchase my first s1000rr. Always had a love for the bikes since they came out and after taking one for a test ride at the end of the last year, the want became a desire and I am now actively looking!

Had an Aprilia RSV mills previously which couldn't be much more different to the s1000, but I am so excited to get back on board and get to grips with a proper bike!

Going to spend the next few weeks reading reading and more reading to get myself up to speed with everything I need to know from this forum and hopefully it will serve me well now and in the future!

Thanks

Hi guys, bit of an update for you.

Still searching for a S1000. My original budget of 10k has been lessened to 8k. Now i really dont want a Gen 1, as a minimum it has to be a Gen 2.

Now theres not many Gen 2 models out there with sensible mileage id want for my sort of money, so im happy to top up my savings with a small amount of finance to get the bike i really want and will love.

So question for you guys:

Should i go for a Gen 2 or pay that little bit extra (about ?1000 on average) and go for a 2015 Gen 3??

Gen 3 gets you a blipper as well as QS. I would go Gen 3 personally but then I?ve got one

No question, gen 3 all the way. I've never owned a previous generation, but the heap of goodies you get on a 3 compared to a 2 is worth every penny and then some. If you are lucky enough to drop on a Sport version, you'll get the aforementioned quickshifter, blipper as well as cruise, heated grips and LED indicators and maybe important to most, the semi-active electronic suspension (maybe some more bits too).

Welcome Dan, I'd side with the guys telling you to get a Gen 3, all Gens are great but you will get more toys and refinement with a newer bike and the extra it costs you, you will get back when you sell.

JimmyMac

Back