Winter Tyco Racing Paint Scheme

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I rather like this;

fed126b757da2361e28ea196fd8ece35.jpg

f8bf2ffef6214b628d9a11c284827d0e.jpg

How much angle!
0e4805594dc0e10ebb4c459dcb2200af.jpg

84a15b7f339ab91bf562df1010d617af.jpg

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Tyco BMW

Great photos from winter testing in Spain. I just hope that Tyco BMW are more competitive this season in BSB as last year was just disastrous.

Re: Tyco BMW

Great photos from winter testing in Spain. I just hope that Tyco BMW are more competitive this season in BSB as last year was just disastrous.

Hope so , can't see it though. Iddon & Laverty aren't top drawer enough to win consistently.

I can't see it at all Ryan, Iddon at best will make the showdown and MLav's got no chance. They should have got the cheque book out and gone for Brooke's, Hickman or even try and prise Haslam away from jg speedfit if they are to stand a chance of the bsb title. Hickman would have been a good signing and he'd have doubled up for the roads. Hickman is a very good bet for a podium finish again at the TT so if they'd stuck him on the tyco he would stand a brilliant chance of his first victory.

I can't see it at all Ryan, Iddon at best will make the showdown and MLav's got no chance. They should have got the cheque book out and gone for Brooke's, Hickman or even try and prise Haslam away from jg speedfit if they are to stand a chance of the bsb title. Hickman would have been a good signing and he'd have doubled up for the roads. Hickman is a very good bet for a podium finish again at the TT so if they'd stuck him on the tyco he would stand a brilliant chance of his first victory.

I really fancy Hickman for the top step at the IOM, he was superb there last year and had a brilliant season in BSB. I'm not too sure he'd have went to Tyco as he seems to have a brilliant relationship with the Smiths team. Tyco have definitely took the cheap option with Iddon & Laverty , hard to believe they actually resigned Laverty as the season he was there before he was gash.

Tyco BMW

I think if Tyco BMW don?t improve this year then there is a very real chance that Smiths Racing will become the ?Factory? team for both BSB and the TT in 2019.

Have to agree, Laverty was a shocking decision especially after last season. Hope the are challenging at the front though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can understand why they stuck with Iddon to be honest, but the Laverty deal was a strange one.

I dont see either of them being competitive this year in BSB, and with Hutchy leaving the TT line up, it could be a dry season all round for them.

Agree with Ry that if they dont pull there finger out this year, BMW may well move into the Smiths camp with the factory support. I thought that they would have went after Hickman in the close season but something just seems right with Hicky at Smiths, I really fancy him to get on the top step this year at the TT. I highly doubt Hutchy will be fit enough to compete this year. MD will be Hickmans biggest rival!!

If no improvement this year from Tyco could we see them ditching the S1000RR next year and moving onto something different as things clearly arent working out, either with the bike or with the team? I Think if BMW with draw the factory support this may well be the case? Possibly something that isnt already factory on the grid, eg Aprillia.

Tyco BMW

They are likely to remain with BMW for 2019 as the Factory will be wanting to race the new model which by all accounts is going to be rather special. I suspect Smiths Racing will be extremely competitive this year in both BSB and at the TT. It will all depend on how long TAS Racing are contracted to be the BMW Factory team.

Back