Battery

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If replacing the battery with another OEM one make sure that you check which version you have fitted. The 2015/16 models came supplied with two different OEM batteries. For bikes without a Factory fitted alarm they were supplied with a smaller, lighter Yuasa YTZ7S battery. If your bike came came fitted with an alarm then a larger battery was fitted as standard. When you remove the OEM battery the model type is printed on the front.

Lithium Battery

If you do decide to go for a Lithium battery you can?t really go wrong with any from the likes of Shido, Shorai or Aliant to name but a few. All of them offer similar levels of performance and save considerable weight over the standard battery. I?ve personally only ever used them on track/race bikes as they are quite expensive. To date I have never had an issue with my OEM battery and I?ve never used a trickle charger on it. When it does eventually need replacing I will be fitting a Lithium battery.

If replacing the battery with another OEM one make sure that you check which version you have fitted. The 2015/16 models came supplied with two different OEM batteries. For bikes without a Factory fitted alarm they were supplied with a smaller, lighter Yuasa YTZ7S battery. If your bike came came fitted with an alarm then a larger battery was fitted as standard. When you remove the OEM battery the model type is printed on the front.

Good point Ry. I was assuming it was with the alarm. I'm not sure if the battery compartments are the same size, but if the the YTZ10S will physically fit, then I would go for that one. It has a higher capacity (9Ah compared to 6Ah) and more cranking current (190A compared to 130A). The 10s is about 1kg heavier than the 7s, if weight is a consideration.

OEM Battery

The battery tray is identical on 2015+ models. The smaller OEM battery (YTZ7S) just sits in a removable plastic frame to stop it moving around.

OEM one is Yuasa YTZ-10S

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yuasa-YTZ1...pID=51nGQptZORL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Sounds like your charger is bust & has just been shorting terminals and discharging. Worth trying to charge with a functioning charger. Should be about 12.5 to 12.8 V when fully charged with no load.
Hi, thanks for the information. It definitely looks like a faulty charger. I've used a conventional one and it appears to have brought it back to life [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Re: Lithium Battery

If you do decide to go for a Lithium battery you can?t really go wrong with any from the likes of Shido, Shorai or Aliant to name but a few. All of them offer similar levels of performance and save considerable weight over the standard battery. I?ve personally only ever used them on track/race bikes as they are quite expensive. To date I have never had an issue with my OEM battery and I?ve never used a trickle charger on it. When it does eventually need replacing I will be fitting a Lithium battery.
Thanks for the advice. I'll use a conventional charger in future, I just won't leave it left on.
Ian

If replacing your charger I've just purchased the CTEK XS 0.8 trickle charger from Amazon ?38 delivered. Cracking little unit, I fitted the flying lead from the battery to under the rear seat unit or you can use the croc clips straight on the battery terminals. Just plug in the charger and forget. It has proper LEDs to show what's going on with the charge(r)

Sorry ?40 delivered...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-XS-0-...=UTF8&qid=1520194118&sr=8-1&keywords=ctek+0.8

Don't mean this to come across as condescending but i guess that is why so many people just remove the battery and store indoors if the bike is laid up for an extended period.

Don't mean this to come across as condescending but i guess that is why so many people just remove the battery and store indoors if the bike is laid up for an extended period.
........in future I will [emoji106]

527238d1501805313-pics-motorcycles-bed-gsxrsleepinginbed.jpg

Back