Muc off

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone heard of muc off cleaner not being approved by BMW and staining paint and alloys?

If so what?s the best pre cleaner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard on here. Only muc off i use is the ptfe spray after wash and wax

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Approved or not I?ve used it on several new motorcycles including my s1krr and never had any issues. I suspect bmw want you to buy their expensive cleaning products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn?t leave it on long but I?ve had no issues to date.
Although if I had a garage, power and water, I?d be on snow foam, 2 bucket clean, air dry, clay, polish, wax... ;)

- Sent from a magical lightbox

I wouldn?t leave it on long but I?ve had no issues to date.
Although if I had a garage, power and water, I?d be on snow foam, 2 bucket clean, air dry, clay, polish, wax... ;)

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Is this snow foam any good? Ive got a bit of OCD about my rear shock, I ride in all weathers and as you all know it?s a bugger to get clean up there. I?ve got a karcher with the little foamy attachment and if the snow foam is any good I?ll give it a go. Any other tips or tricks for a clean shock also gratefully received!

Muc-Off

I use it along with their polishes and I?ve not had any problems.

The foam helps get some of the worst grime and dirt off as a precleaner, its no substitute for hand washing.

Have you got a hugger without the hole fitted?

The foam helps get some of the worst grime and dirt off as a precleaner, its no substitute for hand washing.

Have you got a hugger without the hole fitted?

Nope, but thinking I should have! I really need a lift as well I think to be able to get underneath the thing properly..... failing that I?ll just take it back to year round biker again and get him to do it! 🤣

Abba sky lift is supposed to be excellent.

Covering the hole in the hugger will help stop the worst of the road debris, or buy a nice carbon non-abs one :).

Is this snow foam any good? Ive got a bit of OCD about my rear shock, I ride in all weathers and as you all know it?s a bugger to get clean up there. I?ve got a karcher with the little foamy attachment and if the snow foam is any good I?ll give it a go. Any other tips or tricks for a clean shock also gratefully received!

Have R and G shock tubes fitted to both bikes, just put them on and spray some WD 40 or GT 85 through the little holes in it and forget it. I usually remove it once a year to look inside and the shockers look brand new despite being 5 and 8 years old.

JimmyMac

I've used Mucoff on a few bikes and I haven't had any bad experiences i do wet the bike first then apply it after that use a brush to agitate it and rinse I think the trick is not to let it dry as someone said. I've just brought some SDOC100 gel cleaner my mate uses it on his GS and his bike always looks like new so will be giving that a go.

I find that if I ask the top guys at my local bmw dealership to give the bike a (dunno the correct terminology here...) touring check, which is free, they not only check the basics for me, such as chain/sprocket condition, oil / coolant levels, tyre pressures etc.. but they also give it a clean too! Just wish I lived a bit closer :)

I do remember that one of the forum guys had an issue with the paint on his frame, BMW claimed it was Muc Off, an un approved cleaner that caused it. General consensus was they were talking nonsense and I seem to remember that Muc Off became involved. Can't remember hearing anything since whether or not the case was sorted out but I've used Muc Off without any issues.

I got my latest bike coated with some "magic beans" ( Hybrid X)cleaner that to be fair works pretty well and the bike is easy to wash.
The guy that coated the bike advised me not to use muc off , he also recommended the S-Doc gel cleaner ( which he didn't sell by the way).
Ive used that since as well as a snow foam lance and it works a treat.

i've heard Dodo juice get good reviews, using the 2 bucket method, but again like most products (i guess) just dont let it dry.

2 Bucket method isn't the same though, that's a proper clean with sheepskin mitt. MucOff is a waterless cleaner and should be judged against others of its ilk.
FWIW the BMW waterless wasn't nice to use (got it free with the bike).

Muc-Off

I do remember that one of the forum guys had an issue with the paint on his frame, BMW claimed it was Muc Off, an un approved cleaner that caused it. General consensus was they were talking nonsense and I seem to remember that Muc Off became involved. Can't remember hearing anything since whether or not the case was sorted out but I've used Muc Off without any issues.

The thread that you are referring to is linked below but it doesn?t state if the matter was ever resolved.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?7977-Main-frame-paint-problem

Back