what to do

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutl3y

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
well as it says what to do, went to work as usual today, parking up in the underground car park, side stand down, started tipping bike over, side stand stuck to boot, over she goes....s*&t. Gets her back up, fairing cracked around indicator, engine casing scuffed, think the clutch lever bent and mirror housing scuffed but will have a closer look in morning.
now that's the second time the bike been over on the same side, 1st was at a garage where i was undecided which pump to use, had a wtf moment and grabbed hand full of brake at around 5 mph, over she went...no damage that time
2 weeks ago 2 scroats at work stole a number plate from a 125 park next to mine, and booted the bmw "tail tidy" off the bike, snapping at the neck.
i'm now thinking someone telling me upstairs to get rid of the girl before the big one comes, what you think. i have never before dropped a bike on the road
bike is 7 months old :(

Mut

I wouldn?t read too much into it, certainly wouldn?t think of it as a divine message to sell the bike, more rotten luck.
If it?s any consolation, I dropped mine on the left hand side in the countryside not long ago as needed a p*ss and had to move the bike slightly before putting the side stand down, which I forgot to do ... so, after assertively chucking the bike on the non existent side stand, down she went! Thankfully, I was next to a thick grass verge and had GB Racing case covers, so absolutely no damage, except for my pride lol.

I?m sorry to hear your bike has sustained some damage, I hope the repairs aren?t ?too? costly and that you get your MoJo back again soon [emoji846]

P.S. Was the first road bike I?ve dropped too ...

Last edited:
Kinnel Mut. A run of bad events, my commiserations.
My advice? Do nothing, other than enjoy your bike. There's no such thing as bad luck, but what CAN happen is that you spook yourself by thinking something bad is gonna happen, which will inhibit your skill and experience and make a bad event more likely.
There is always a solution to an issue:
I've dropped two bikes over the years because I fluffed the side stand. I now always look to see it locked out, every time.
At work, park somewhere else and/or cover up. I used to keep a chain, padlock, disk-lock and cover in a bag-for-life in the cleaners cupboard at work. I'd clump into the office, change into my work clothes, go back to the bike and sort her out.
Keep buggering on.
H
-
ps. If all this sh*t had happened to me (AND I had some spare cash, lol), I'd give her a spiffing paint job to make her even better than before.

Hi all,
well as it says what to do, went to work as usual today, parking up in the underground car park, side stand down, started tipping bike over, side stand stuck to boot, over she goes....s*&t. Gets her back up, fairing cracked around indicator, engine casing scuffed, think the clutch lever bent and mirror housing scuffed but will have a closer look in morning.
now that's the second time the bike been over on the same side, 1st was at a garage where i was undecided which pump to use, had a wtf moment and grabbed hand full of brake at around 5 mph, over she went...no damage that time
2 weeks ago 2 scroats at work stole a number plate from a 125 park next to mine, and booted the bmw "tail tidy" off the bike, snapping at the neck.
i'm now thinking someone telling me upstairs to get rid of the girl before the big one comes, what you think. i have never before dropped a bike on the road
bike is 7 months old :(

Mut

It is definitely a message. Opportunity to make some additions to the bike like some crash bungs ;).

I wouldnt worry about a couple of drops, we all have our ‘moments’ lol. I dropped my GSA on the top of a mountain in Wales when it was brand new and again 2 days later. Ride safe.

Dropped my r1 twice at under 5 mph and dropped it twice over 100 . Trust me the under 5 is nothing comparef to the other 2. Chalk it up to bad luck and move on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What To Do

I dropped it at 124 mph and that didn?t go terribly well... Under 5 mph would have have been irritating but preferable!

Technically my '17 has been dropped twice too...must be the vintage. Once on track and once in the garage at the track, though the latter didn't go fully down. I was hanging on and ZX-10R broke its fall.

What To Do

...once in the garage at the track, though the latter didn't go fully down. I was hanging on and ZX-10R broke its fall.

I bet that didn't go down terribly well in the pit garage!

Re: What To Do

thanks for the replies fellas
as to engine covers and protection, i have had the gb covers booked in to get fitted with other work back end of the week as bike is supposed to be off to Almeria weekend, been booked in now over 2 months.....think moral of story is just get em fitted sooner rather than later :)
Mut

It is definitely a message. Opportunity to make some additions to the bike like some crash bungs ;).

I wouldnt worry about a couple of drops, we all have our ‘moments’ lol. I dropped my GSA on the top of a mountain in Wales when it was brand new and again 2 days later. Ride safe.

You do seem to fall off a lot Soofy.............lol.

Mutly, don't worry about the drop, it doesn't mean anything, all part of biking mate. Plastic, metal and glass are all replaceable, annoying it might be.

Take care.

JimmyMac

Bit different to the blade sp that had a bike fall on it at the Creg, wrote it off ! Had a couple over the years.... :indecisiveness:

If my memory serves me wasn't it an RC213V? think it ended up with a dinged frame amongst some other damage.

If my memory serves me wasn't it an RC213V? think it ended up with a dinged frame amongst some other damage.
Thats how i remembered it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re: What To Do

thanks for the replies fellas
as to engine covers and protection, i have had the gb covers booked in to get fitted with other work back end of the week as bike is supposed to be off to Almeria weekend, been booked in now over 2 months.....think moral of story is just get em fitted sooner rather than later :)
Mut
See you there pal. I'll buy you a man up beer and stop worrying chaser.

Hey Mutley,
Just to make you feel better, I've had two punctures since my last post in this thread. Both were tears needing a new tyre. Fecking shite all over the road after the bad weather I reckon.
I'll stop biking when I run out of money. Not yet tho.
H

Back