Hello all! 2017RR owner from Hampshire Uk checking in....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Johnaldinho

Hey,

I'm now on my 4th S1000RR having had three of the previous generations including one HP4 Carbon.

Other bikes have included x2 S1000XR's and a timeless CBR11000 Honda Blackbird.

Now down to one bike which I aim to use as a daily commuter, tourer and all round crotch rocket fun machine!

I've a fair few miles under the belt over the years now and also am a DAS instructor and do some advanced stuff here and there (but not one for the IAM group rides where everyone frowns at wheelies). Track days are in the past and I am really only a road rider. I'm also a general petrolhead and am really into cars.

Current bike is a limited edition paint with dynamic pack in Matt Black with a steadily increasing list of modifications and bits and bobs.

Looks like a decent forum, looking forward to getting stuck in! I owned two forums in the past and sold them as I had no time on my hand, also moderated on a few pretty big motoring forums. Have not really contributed to a forum for some years although I am active on Pistonheads from time to time.

Hope to be able to share some experiences with you all :)

Welcome to the forum John!

Thank you for the excellent welcome post, you?re certainly an S1000 connoisseur and have an awesome history of bikes.

The Matt black paint scheme looks cool, what mods do you currently have and what do you intend to do next?

As I?m sure you no doubt already know, S1000RR?s are awesome all round bikes so I?m sure you?ll be wholly satisfied with your one bike decision.

Enjoy the forum, we?ve a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Hope you have many more happy miles ahead of you and that your new steed excites and impresses you in equal measure [emoji4]

Oli

Welcome to the forum John!

Thank you for the excellent welcome post, you’re certainly an S1000 connoisseur and have an awesome history of bikes.

The Matt black paint scheme looks cool, what mods do you currently have and what do you intend to do next?

Thanks Oli!

Its a terrific all round bike. I used my 2015 Motorsport solidly for two years every day, in ran shine and frost. The thing was bullet proof. I covered 40,000 miles on it and was also using it frequently for log instruction days. Thats when I really fell in love with its all round capability. I took it on tours and all sorts. I had previously suffered with Ducatis which helped me cut my teeth in sports bikes. Moving to reliable ones was an epiphany!

The Matt finished the new one was at first a real marmite decision, but I realised pretty quickly that by adding some carbon here and there that it would improve it no end. Also I've had grey, matt Blue S1000XR and motorsport colours and wanted something a little more discreet. I took it to roomies recently and everyone was taking pics and asking about it, some asked when the clearcote was going on :excitement:

So far.....mods wise I have added Ilmberger full bellypan (to hide the Euro 4 dustbin), rear hugger, front mud gaurd, R&G crash bungs, Akrapovic Moto GP Stubby, R&G tail tidy, HP levers, some Wunderlich stuff and a Tinted screen from Zero Limits (touring version). Ive got a few bits to put on it this week, quick release fuel cap and usb power. Little bits really! I have also had it treated with ACF50 by all year biker.

I'll get some pics up when I have time this week.....

Just getting the running in miles done ahead of my first tour this year over to Belgium with some pals to do the WW2 sites over there. Looking at adding panniers and seeing if I can get over the romance and love I had for my Blackbird for touring (which was phenomenal at it!). I had hoped the S1000XR would be a lovely balance of both worlds, I tried the first gen and sold it within weeks. My hands and feet were numb from the vibes (this is pre them saying they had a fix!) and I stupidly bought the claims the new one was much better. Nowhere near. One lad I knew bought one ahead of a tour to Italy. While in Italy he put it up for sale, had a firm take the XR back to the UK and bought a multistrada! :anonymous:

Hi John and welcomed to the site, great to have you on board as you have clearly a lot to add to what is already a great community of RR lovers.

Quite a funny story of your pal changing bikes whilst on tour in favour of a Ducati, he must have been well pee'd off with the XR.

Where abouts are you based?

JimmyMac

Thanks Oli!

Its a terrific all round bike. I used my 2015 Motorsport solidly for two years every day, in ran shine and frost. The thing was bullet proof. I covered 40,000 miles on it and was also using it frequently for log instruction days. Thats when I really fell in love with its all round capability. I took it on tours and all sorts. I had previously suffered with Ducatis which helped me cut my teeth in sports bikes. Moving to reliable ones was an epiphany!

The Matt finished the new one was at first a real marmite decision, but I realised pretty quickly that by adding some carbon here and there that it would improve it no end. Also I've had grey, matt Blue S1000XR and motorsport colours and wanted something a little more discreet. I took it to roomies recently and everyone was taking pics and asking about it, some asked when the clearcote was going on :excitement:

So far.....mods wise I have added Ilmberger full bellypan (to hide the Euro 4 dustbin), rear hugger, front mud gaurd, R&G crash bungs, Akrapovic Moto GP Stubby, R&G tail tidy, HP levers, some Wunderlich stuff and a Tinted screen from Zero Limits (touring version). Ive got a few bits to put on it this week, quick release fuel cap and usb power. Little bits really! I have also had it treated with ACF50 by all year biker.

I'll get some pics up when I have time this week.....

Just getting the running in miles done ahead of my first tour this year over to Belgium with some pals to do the WW2 sites over there. Looking at adding panniers and seeing if I can get over the romance and love I had for my Blackbird for touring (which was phenomenal at it!). I had hoped the S1000XR would be a lovely balance of both worlds, I tried the first gen and sold it within weeks. My hands and feet were numb from the vibes (this is pre them saying they had a fix!) and I stupidly bought the claims the new one was much better. Nowhere near. One lad I knew bought one ahead of a tour to Italy. While in Italy he put it up for sale, had a firm take the XR back to the UK and bought a multistrada! :anonymous:

My 15 Motorsports is 40 K miles too lol [emoji6]
No real issues with mine either, been the most reliable bike I?ve owned!

Would be great to see some photos of your new steed, as you?re a premiere forum member you can upload photos natively to the site.
We also have a picture of the month competition.

Re USB power, I?d recommend contacting @Stephen for a custom Can-Bus lead for whatever you intend to charge/power? Stephen can make leads for iPhones, GoPro?s etc, or multi-device setups.

Sounds like you?ve got a good year ahead on two wheels, hope you all have a great time in Belgium.
Re touring on the RR, depending on what luggage you currently have, you might like to consider a ?Hepco and Becker Sport Rack?. This is a mounting plate that replaces the seat cowl/pillion seat allowing you to securely fix soft luggage etc.

Wow you and your friends haven?t been lucky with the XR?s then, I?ve only test ridden one once but never noticed such extreme vibes. That being said I was probably just enjoying the novelty of being bolt upright lol.

Thank you for supporting the site, enjoy the forum and have a great week [emoji4]

Oli

Welcome John, hell of an entry :) I see from it, you know what a forum needs to be successful, people writing a decent amount to start a conversation!

Looks like Oli has some competition for babbling on :D

As you've had so many Beemers I expect you've got a go to dealer? Who is that and how do you rate them?

Where abouts are you based?

JimmyMac

North Hampshire...

Welcome John, hell of an entry :) I see from it, you know what a forum needs to be successful, people writing a decent amount to start a conversation!

Looks like Oli has some competition for babbling on :D

As you've had so many Beemers I expect you've got a go to dealer? Who is that and how do you rate them?

Cheers Alex...

I had really bad service from one and never went back....locally. Now only go to one guy. Giuseppe at Park Lane. First class experience every single time. Between my mates and my family we?ve bought 7 BMW?s off him in two years. It?s a drag for some to go into London but my experience is excellent with them. Their servicing at Battersea is also worth the journey for me. Again tremendous!

Hi. Welcome to the forum and thanks for supporting the site.

Welcome. Happy to help out I know how much these places cost in time and server space/licences etc!

My 15 Motorsports is 40 K miles too lol [emoji6]

Re USB power, I?d recommend contacting @Stephen for a custom Can-Bus lead for whatever you intend to charge/power? Stephen can make leads for iPhones, GoPro?s etc, or multi-device setups.

Thank you for supporting the site, enjoy the forum and have a great week [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks Oli. No suprise really....mine never even had a flat battery!

I?ve sorted the power now, but thanks for the heads up. I?ve opted to go with Optimate high power usb with auto cut off to implement my charging point in the rear seat cowl.

Welcome John, i am regulary in Hampshire riding.... there are some great roads...I am sure paths will cross.

Yeah hope so!

I?ll be the guy IAM groups are moaning and talking under their breath about while wearing their ?Polite? Hi Vis vests, citing my moving through their 20-strong-pack-of-off-set-2mph over-the-speed-limit-snake-pack, as being ?dangerous? and calling me a dick-head? which is what happened this weekend. (Whilst I was sat down having my cup of tea!) *yawn*

*Ive a proper one of those jackets at work* ;)

Well its nice to hear something good about Park Lane.
I?ve not had a massive amount of success with them. Utterly useless when I was looking to get my ?17.
I?ll get my yearly done there in a few weeks but I tend to go to Bahnstormers for more involved work.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Well its nice to hear something good about Park Lane.
I?ve not had a massive amount of success with them. Utterly useless when I was looking to get my ?17.
I?ll get my yearly done there in a few weeks but I tend to go to Bahnstormers for more involved work.

Alex, who you been dealing with up there?

I?ve had mixed service before I met Giuseppe and he introduced me to Harry the boss. Since then it?s been absolutely flawless...

Tbh I can?t recall but it wasn?t him. Will keep his name for next time.

I?ll be the guy IAM groups are moaning and talking under their breath about while wearing their ?Polite? Hi Vis vests, citing my moving through their 20-strong-pack-of-off-set-2mph over-the-speed-limit-snake-pack, as being ?dangerous? and calling me a dick-head? which is what happened this weekend. (Whilst I was sat down having my cup of tea!) *yawn*

Ah so you are THAT guy, you must have been out of earshot because I have never heard so many profanities expressed by the grey beard brigade....

Only joking :). Havent been near IAM for nearly 10 years. Training was good, the staff not so much ;).

Welcome! Glad you rate battersea so highly as I've just taken my bike there to get a service. Hope you enjoy the forum

Couple of ex-job on here John, myself included.

Great guys and girls on here, don't think I've met a 'polite' biker in here yet, lol.

JimmyMac

Back