Wanted power commander 5

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?d recommend also sourcing the Secondary Fuel Module in order to tune the entire rev range

What's the difference? Surely from Gen1-3 need the same? Its the same engine.

I’d recommend also sourcing the Secondary Fuel Module in order to tune the entire rev range

Is a secondary fuel module really worth it? Was told its not by a lot of people

I was going to get a sc project exhaust and get it dynoed, would I need a secondary fuel module with this, looking on pc site it?s designed for more tuned engines ie turbo etc, would this give much of an advantage? Also it needs to know the gear input can this be connected easy for it to know this?

Power Commander V

Phil Crowe mapped a new BMW earlier this month to great effect using just a PCV and he didn?t bother using a Secondary Fuel Module. Having seen the maps he published, the results are more than good enough for most, and confirm you don?t really need to buy a Secondary Fuel Module.

Power Commander V

Just to be absolutely clear in terms of Dynojet products he used a Power Commander V (PCV) only and did not use a Secondary Fuel Module (SFM). He tuned the bike using only a PCV connected to the upper injectors and did not fit an SFM to control the lower injectors. The results speak for themselves and confirm that you don?t really need to buy a SFM.

Power Commander V

Typos aside the point I was trying to make was that Phil Crowe has mapped a newer model S1000RR successfully using a PCV and the results are extremely good. This is really nice to know.

Most of the advice promulgated on this Forum to date has generally always been that if you want to map a new S1000RR then you should buy a RapidBike Module as that was the product that would allow you to do it properly.

It now means that you have a choice again.

Power Commander V

He has posted the Dyno graph on his FB page. From the brief discussion I had with him he is able to map both 2015/16 models and the latest Euro 4 compliant 2017/18 models with just a PCV. He didn?t disclose how he?s done it but as a professional BMW tuner I wouldn?t expect him to say anyway.

To clarify my view has always been, a PCV should lead to fault codes on the ?17+. It should map nonetheless. The fault codes relate to the Lambda?s (O2).

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Last edited:
Is a secondary fuel module really worth it? Was told its not by a lot of people

I?ve heard conflicting information on this. I have a custom mapped PCV and the only improvement I got was at the top end, where the larger fuel injectors dominate. My understanding was that in order to properly tune the whole rev range you need the Secondary Fuel Module (SFM) to tune the smaller injectors, which operate primarily at the lower RPM range.
This is a benefit of Bazzaz and Rapid Bike modules, that out the box they allow you to tune all 8 injectors.

If anything I?ve said is incorrect and a PCV isn?t limiting, then that?s fantastic!
Also, as Jay says, it?s important to note for 17 onwards RR?s the SFM is currently incompatible

Hi, Alex, thanks for your sharing, so you means should i remove my SFM to resolve the fault codes relate to the Lambda’s (O2)? thank you.

My bike is 2017' S1000RR and i got akrapovic racing full exhaust system on with servo cable disconnected and lamda sensors removed. after i install power commander V/ SFM/auto tune and auto tune replace OEM lamda sensor, it well shows fault code. but after i re-plug in OEM lamda sensor, the fault code will turn off. but it is wrong due to auto tune should't work with OEM lamda sensor. just want to know how to solve it? many thanks.

17 S1000RR by tinash06, 於 Flickr

Correct - PCV&SFM do not work with the '17 Euro4 Spec RR, without that fault code as the PCV requires you to disconnect the O2 sensors.

Correct - PCV&SFM do not work with the '17 Euro4 Spec RR, without that fault code as the PCV requires you to disconnect the O2 sensors.

many thanks for your kindly reply. i just found a latest video on youtube, it is '18 S1000RR Power Commander V & Auto Tune installed.
it seems everything is ok, let me keep tracking how do they solve this problem. thank you

https://youtu.be/Ju5CT7tn2tE

Let me updated from power commander reply

I specifically told you that the bike is a Euro4 spec model and the stock O2 sensors must remain installed and active. If you use our products, you will only be able to adjust fueling outside of the stock ECU?s closed loop area. The wideband O2 sensor that is supplied with Auto-tune is not intended to replace any stock O2 sensors that might be on a bike. The wideband sensor needs to be added to the exhaust by cutting and welding the supplied weld boss. Auto-tune needs to be completely disabled at 0%-20% throttle by specifying a Target AFR value of zero in that area.

Yeah there you go then. None of that is an issue with the RapidBike we?ve been recommending for the Euro4.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Back